Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bayview Saturday Market - Whidbey Island

Tom and I seldom get to this craft/farmer's market during the summer, because our cabin belongs to our extended family, and we usually defer on weekends to those who have to work during the week. As old, retired folk, we have more options. But last weekend opened up, and we took it purposefully to be able to attend this fun event.
As it turns out, they were also holding a community yard sale at Bayview. I even found a few "treasures".
Have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, Three bags full.
This shopper had her basket full of home produced goodies.
South Whidbey Island is an interesting mix of yuppies and hippies, artisans and farmers, island residents and summer vacationers. Expect anything, and enjoy it all.

6 comments:

  1. how fun, i would have taken one of each...gorgeous produce, yummy goodies, beautiful flowers. sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun to see. What treasures did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. flowers, pies, and berries my favs! What did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love craft shows, and this looks like a very interesting one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful treasures! I would have been broke in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..those bird houses..I collect them....and the fruit...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.