Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Whidbey Fun - Deer Lagoon

From our Whidbey cabin we have to cross the street to get to Useless Bay, but Deer Lagoon is in our back yard. Like the bay, it empties on low tides, and so boating activities are limited to high tides. Then the canoe can be launched and the channel to the bay is deep enough to navigate.
Some clever family member or guest left this creative solution to the muck coating the lagoon. Jill says they worked great!All year round the lagoon is a great place for bird watching, and for me, it is a favorite subject for photography. On a calm day when the lagoon is full it is a wonderful mirror of the sky, and the light is always amazing. It is especially great during the season of long days when the sun rises and sets over the lagoon. Sunrise on Deer Lagoon.

7 comments:

  1. love your sunset photos, i'm getting the itch to take another vacation to nw...now to convince my hubby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly beautiful-a fantastic landscape photographs are especially nice to me I want you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Linda. I love your header photo, too. It's so clear and beautiful. My son is climbing Mt. Ranier in Seattle right now. I guess he's seeing these breathtaking sights...oh my! And it's his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very beautiful place, Linda. I am enjoying your photos; they reveal your love for your family.

    This is a beautiful place.

    Do you know the history of the name "Useless Bay"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos and had a great time browsing through your stories of the family visit. What a beautiful family you have! It made me remember one of my little grandsons telling me nicely, that I had a turkey neck. I'm thinking that's a little worse than being an old cinderella. :-)

    Thanks for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the invention, I think Rialto needs special shoes like snowshoes to keep you afloat sand, and small rocks. Glad to see someone actually did it!

    Beautiful lake, I love canoeing.. Whidbey is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I'd love to use a photo to add you to my showcase on my blog...I like the one with beach sculpture sand or fort,, let me know if I could use one, or another...ok? Thanks, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.