Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Whidbey Fun - Useless Bay

When were we there? I seems weeks ago, and I guess our Colorado kids did arrive just two weeks ago. Our first destination was the family cabin on Whidbey Island. Besides digging those giant horse clams I showed you earlier, we had lots more fun on the beach of Useless Bay in the two and a half days we were there.
The tide's coming in, but it takes a long time. It's fun to watch the water slowly creep over the sand and swallow it up.My son once had an idea for a business - Rent A Dog - but the kids were able to get in on the fun with the neighborhood dogs.When Isaac left me this morning, at the airport, he was sad to be leaving all the fun behind. But, for most of us, life is not a beach, and reality finally has to take hold. Sure was fun while it lasted, though.

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful family shots. I love the shark drawing, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bay needs to be renamed...it is not useless but lots of fun for anyone who uses it. aren't photos great for extending the fun and remembering the good times and sharing. do you email with your grandkids-that can help keep the connection going. fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of too many places that are better for invention and exploring and having a good time than the seashore. Looks like your kids definitely have the hang of the inventiveness; the fort, the shark drawing, building with sand, etc. Those kind of memories are about as good as a snuggly blanket to warm you on a winter's night.

    I'm not sure I want to welcome you back to the world as we know it just yet. It looks like you were having too much fun on the beach with the grandkiddies. It always takes me a week or so to adjust to being without the kids after we say our farewells... How about you?

    bytheway: Your grandson is going to break more than a few hearts when he's 16 and older. Wow! What a good looking boy!!

    It really is good to have you back, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Caryn, a week sounds about right. I stayed up late watching the Olympics again last night, but this morning I got to sleep in. Still, I found myself wondering if the kids were up yet and when they would come to find me. It takes a while for brain patterns to switch back to "normal".

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.