Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Picture Tag

Lin, I'm finally getting to this. I will go to the fourth photo folder and select the fourth photo in that file. Let's see what I get.
Well, there you are. My fourth folder is my Christmas 2007 file, and the star of this photo is my granddaughter. She is enjoying adding sprinkles to our cut out cookies - generously!
It has become a tradition for Tom and me and our son Jake to travel to Fort Morgan, CO for a family Christmas. Usually the first evening we are there is cookie time. It is quite a scene, with arms of big and little kids alike reaching in and adding their touches to the "masterpieces". My job is to roll the dough, and it keeps me busy. This is a small kitchen, so there is lots of bumping and maneuvering as well as laughing and talking and barely controlled chaos.
Here are some examples of the action.

We have our airline tickets secured for our trip this Christmas, when we will repeat the family fun. But first, we're heading for Fort Morgan for Halloween. First on the agenda - pumpkin carving!

10 comments:

  1. how fun, thanks for sharing and have fun this holiday season also. I just bought my Christmas stationary for my annual Yule letter. Have been working on it, trying to condense a year in one page. The holidays are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such wonderful family traditions. It is always interesting to read, and there are some good ideas to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this Linda..I need to get my scanner working...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice family videos Linda. I wonder who got the cookie with all of the sprinkles on? - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a terrific time, Linda. Have fun carving pumpkins and be sure to take photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! What great memories you've created here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the hands making cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I've mentioned before what a great life I think you lead. One thing you can sit back and take great pride in is your family. You've bonded well, established some marvelous traditions, and laid up a treasure trove of memories to warm your children and grandchildren for decades. That's quite a legacy in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda this is what it is all about isn't it? These cookie baking, pumpkin carving traditions are the memories of you that those little ones will treasure forever.

    I usually give each child their own ball of dough and if it doesn't get eaten first it often comes out just a wee bit grayish by the time they are through. Those cookies are ALL their own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh sweet days, memory making..this will last forever!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.