Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Returns of the Day

We arrived back in Seattle last night, in the dark and in the rain. We awoke this morning, too early, to the dark and the rain. Where did the sun go? While in Colorado we enjoyed days of sun and temps in the upper 70's - almost too hot. It was easy to forget we had turned the calendar to November, except that it got dark much too early on Sunday and Monday. But now we are plunged back into reality. November is not Seattle at it's best. It's currently 41 and raining, with heavy snow in the mountains. We may have a dry day or two this week, and the weatherman says we could get back up to 60 degrees by the end of the week - warmer rain?
But we have things to do, inside. Laundry, of course. Grocery shopping. Making sure all the clocks are set back. And I will be shopping for a new camera. My auto focus has gone out, adding to a list of malfunctions on my six-year-old Canon. It's time for a new one. I can't live without my camera!
I took several photos this morning with a manual setting, with mixed results.
All the lovely leaves on my Full Moon Maple are now off the tree and on the ground. November is soggy leaves month. The blurry focus symbolizes the heavy, wet air.
The litter from the cedar tree will now blanket the patio.
So after a lovely Halloween in the land of sunshine and grandchildren, we are back home, settled in, and ready for whatever comes next.
The big news today is that it is finally ELECTION DAY! We voted so long ago that it's about time we got some results. We have hopes for Democratic victories for President and Governor.
Here's to Many Happy Returns of the Day.

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! My Canon SLR is also broken. I live in an area where there is NO ONE to be found who does camera repair, so I've been functioning with my little Canon point and shoot...but, I sure miss my good one.

    I love your yard, Linda. It's full of so much texture! You guys have done one heck of a landscaping job! ha ha ha Nov is soggy leaves month. I may never think of it any other way again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing a soggy day with a friend who lives in the dry desert of southern utah although we have a promise of rain and many clouds in our sky for a change. lovely posts and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am watching the election returns and it looks good for Obama..I love your patio even in the rain..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has happened.
    He did it!
    We did it!
    Now we must all get to work and make this change happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still liked these two photos Linda. Rain makes things fresh. We have had plenty today too. - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.