Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cell Phones

Today we got new cell phones and began service with a new provider. As with anything new, there is a lot of set up. I spent much of the afternoon activating my phone, getting to know how to use it and setting up my electronic phonebook, as well as doing some of the same for Tom's phone. We are not cell phone users, but we feel like we need one for emergencies. With our old provider, we had very little access here at home, almost never had it on, had just one phone, and paid a monthly fee for minutes we never used. Now we still have a monthly fee, but no contract, it's cheaper, and we have two phones, so we can at least call each other and walk around the mall shopping in different stores and still be in contact. We can now be as annoying as almost everyone else out there. I feel like we moved into the modern era. (Is that good?)

6 comments:

  1. I don't know whether it's good or not, but while I don't walk around or drive around or shop while talking on my cell, I am glad to have it in case of the unexpected and I carry it with me wherever I go. Amazing how, whether we like it or not, we do seem to move into the 21st century, step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll love having two cell phones. i wouldn't travel without mine and know that family wants to call they can reach me anywhere. that's comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at your comment about being as annoying as anyone else. Hmmm... I guess if you can't beat 'em, you may as well join 'em! - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we still only have one phone, are forced to use the service we have because out where we live there is only one cel tower and no other company has service. If we lived in town there would be a variety to choose from but being out here I'm afraid we are stuck. Certainly we need it because if we should have car trouble it would be a long and cold walk home. But I have to say we rarely use it. I feel secure on a road trip knowing that we have it but other than that I probably wouldn't have it.

    Gosh what did we do for all those years we didn't have one? Seems crazy doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have only one phone that I use for emergencies or to talk to my daughter (and even my baby granddaughter) so far away. Having two phones would be a luxury. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cell phone are very useful in these days!! Many branded cell phone are available in market at affordable price...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.