Monday, July 27, 2009

Today's The Day!

Back in Fort Morgan, Colorado, Jill and Corey and the kids have begun their journey to Seattle, by car to shuttle bus to jet plane. They will arrive about 1:30 this afternoon. We'll all land here briefly today, and then tomorrow morning we'll go to Whidbey Island, where I hope it's cooler. We're having a heat wave this week with temps in the 90's. Thursday evening we'll be back in town so that we can go to the Hydroplane qualifying and Blue Angels performance on Lake Washington Friday morning. That evening I'll make picnic food to take Saturday when we head south to my sister's for the day for a family picnic. Sunday Tom and I will stay home with the grandkids while the big kids go to the Seafair hydroplane races. We'll watch on TV while we play. Monday is yet to be determined, but it will include entertaining relatives from California. Tuesday we head for Rockaway Beach on the Oregon coast. We'll return Sunday, with a stop at Mt. St. Helens on the way home. If we haven't done it by then, we'll go to the Museum of Flight on Monday. Then the Gibsons fly home very early Tuesday morning. Needless to say, I won't be doing much blogging for a while. But I will be taking pictures, so there will be reporting after all is said and done. You know, during the recovery period. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. I know you're going to have a great visit with family, sounds like such fun! I'm looking forward to our camping trip to Whidbey this weekend and, yes I too, hope it's a little cooler! Enjoy, Linda!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun, sounds exhausting and non stop entertaining. the weather sounds great too...cooler than us at 106 degrees. although we did get a needed rain shower the other day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have boundless energy. Have a wonderful time. It's nice your family enjoys each other, take advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda!
    Sounds like a super fun time is in store with your family! Take care in this unusal heat wave. I loved looking through your pics from Mt. Rainier - such beauty! Happy belated birthday by the way. Looked and sounded like you had a wonderful celebration!
    -Karoline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time Linda. I hope it cools down a bit for you all...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a jam packed agenda of fun! Have a wonderful time, and I'll be thinking about you at the little red cabin by the water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy times! Your blog is very nice. The images are very beautiful. God is Great. Best wishes.

    http://www.thedynamicnature.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you'll have a great time and Whidby shoul be cooler. We were in Kirkland two days ago and I know well the record breaking heat you have been having.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.