Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday To Do's

It took a while for the fog to clear again today, but at least it lifted by 10:00, so I got out this morning for my walk. Meanwhile Tom got outside to finish up his winter pruning. I asked him what he would do now that he had that job done. He responded "Oh, there's plenty more to do." The sun melted the fog by noon, and the grass dried off enough so Tom could mow the lawn. I know. It's winter. Who mows in winter? But the grass is confused. It has been so warm that it's growing despite the season, and it needed mowing before it got too long! It looks good. Now we're ready for the daffodils. I am taking a sewing class on Thursday morning, actually a serger class, so I did some prep for that. We're making a Bow Tie Baby Quilt, but I'm not interested in the whole project, just the technique, so I'm making a pillow cover. It's a two session class but I'm just going for the first session. For me the purpose is to learn better techniques for precision sewing using the serger. So I cut my squares today, and then used the book to try out the process. Wah Lah! I made a bow tie square. Tom wondered why I wasn't waiting for the class to learn this, but I like to be prepared - perhaps overly prepared - whenever I try something new. Maybe I don't need the class, but I'm sure I'll learn something, and have some fun besides.
Yesterday I spent quite a while at JoAnn Fabrics building a rainbow. I am designing my next dress for Irene, for Easter and her April birthday. I asked her what color she likes best. "Pink, and rainbows!" Of course, I knew that. So my plan it to make a pink and purple dress with a rainbow skirt. We'll see how it turns out. The clerks at the shop liked the idea. This is why I want more practice with my serger. I plan to do much of the construction with it.
-
But I won't start on that until at least next week. This week I have that class, and then I have giant flags to make. Thursday evening is tifo time.

6 comments:

  1. Your day was much more productive than mine. I'm curious now to see Irene's Easter dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors, you are being so creative...maybe I'll try to make some dresses for my newest grand daughter when she gets bigger. My oldest twin grand daughters are turning 12 this year so they are wanting to be grown up! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally catching up on blogs. I'm woefully behind (on everyone elses and my own)!

    I loved that bee. I would really like to see it in your garden someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I had to look at the photo of your husband mowing the lawn and then again to make sure I was seeing correctly-mowing! I do like the colors for your granddaughter's dress and yes, we will have to see it when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...mowing...I can't believe your weather..sigh.. I can't wait to see the dress that you sew.. They are so beautiful...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know Linda, you write such positive and inspiring blogs. I always enjoy reading them. Well done with the patterns, etc. - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.