Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Vernal Equinox

Today is officially the first day of spring! It's a day when daylight and darkness are in balance. It's a good day for new beginnings! Here in Seattle we have been enjoying an early spring, so the change won't be so noticeable, but we do have a forecast for a warmer than usual day today before rain returns tomorrow. I plan to be outside this afternoon to take advantage of it. I've been working on embroidery projects for my grandkids. It's time consuming and sometimes nerve racking, like when the thread keeps breaking and you have to catch it before the design is ruined. I've change the needle and cleaned the machine a bit in hopes of putting an end to that problem. I'll do another shirt this morning. And then this afternoon I plan to work my way through the garden with a weed bin, getting to know what's coming up, what's not, and eliminating the unwanted. After that I plan to sit on the patio with coffee, chocolate and a book. For those of you who have been experiencing a harsh and difficult winter, I hope the warmth of the sun shines on you and puts a smile on your face and SPRING in your step. HAPPY SPRING!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Spring Linda :)

    our yard is still very mushy and muddy from the last storm
    and we have quite a collection of branches and limbs

    but we're hopeful that the sun will continue to shine

    enjoy all your projects
    hugs from Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you are blogging early in the morning -- 7:30 a.m. Glad I caught you. I admire your ability to garden even though you have arthritis. You inspire me to do more with my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't spring exciting in the Pacific Northwest? See my post for today about the signs of spring I'm seeing in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely to see the sunlight this morning, isn't it? Hope you have a great day, Linda! Enjoy! Oh, and I love your new header shot! Perfect for the first day of spring!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. After experiencing spring just once in the Northwest, I'm convinced you've got one of the best springs around. Have a terrific day, Linda! It's cold and drizzly over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had some very springlike weather, but I am sure there is going to be more snow before we're done for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you can enjoy your lovely garden and some sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent alot of time outside today basking in the sun. We have had several days of 60 degree days, just wonderful. So alot has been done in my flower garden as well as an occasional "rest" on the steps with a cup of coffee. Sounds like you had a very lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy spring, Linda! I love coming over to your blog, the layout is very soothing, and you and I are enjoying the Washington sunshine. Up here in Bellingham, yesterday (Saturday) was incredibly warm, but the wind blew all night long and weather is moving in. But it's officially spring now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy spring to you Linda and to all those of you in the Northern Hemisphere who have had a very harsh winter. It is early autumn here in NZ as we slowly but surely slide into winter - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.