Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

This photo was in my email this morning! Isaac and Irene are laden with Earth Day gifts for their teachers: reusable bags, a green fern, and lady bug rocks!
-
Jill is amazing! I don't know where she finds the energy, and I know time is precious, especially on a school morning. And yet she took the time to send email and post on Facebook.
-
Last night we found these pics. The kids made "dirt" cups to take to school as treats today. Chocolate pudding mud, crushed Oreo soil, laden with gummy worms and mint rocks.
I wouldn't mind if someone told me to go eat dirt today with this around.
-
And I hope to get out into the dirt myself today. After an inch of rain in 24 hours, everything is lush, green and floriferous. Now I need a bit of sun.
-
Embrace the Earth today. Honor our precious planet.

9 comments:

  1. That's such a terrific way to start your day!! Isaac and Irene are so adorable and look so cute with their basket of treats. And I wouldn't mind eating this dirt either. How great of Jill to take the time to share with you!! Hope you have a great day and I do hope the sun comes out today, right now it's just gloomy gray!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yesterday afternoon, after all the rain, showed us what a beautiful and 'green' land we live in. Let's keep it that way.

    I remember making the 'Dirt cups' for the children at school.
    Your family is great and you and Tom are sure hard working Grandparents. Funm huh!!

    So when are you coming out here to organize my gardens? LOL. MaryBeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun ideas for earth day for kids. I'm just happy to be home safe to my home and yard which escaped all the rain falling everywhere from California to No. Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Earth Day, everyone! I can't say I enjoy pulling weeds, but I do like to buy orange marigolds and display them in my patio! Will probably do that after our trip as we can't count on my daughter to water them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Jill ever sleep? Was she this creative as a child? Gracious, it never stops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Linda, great post, and I think it's fantastic that Jill with all her busy schedule is teaching her children how important Earth Day is. The earlier our children learn about these things, to them it will become second nature to be 'green'. Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, she is such a prodigious person, your Jill. And it looks like her kids will take after her, what a wonderful thing. I love the rain we got, and up here in Bellingham the sun came out this afternoon. Hope YOU got some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to celebrate Earth Day -- and the kids seem really involved in it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a meaningful, delicious way to bring focus to this important day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.