Monday, May 3, 2010

Bloedel Reserve - Chapter IV: The Best of the Rest

Coming out of the Glen, ahead of us we saw the gates of the Japanese Garden. A sand garden fronts the tea house/guest house. Inside the guest house.
On the back deck, overlooking the pond.
Out the gate on the other side, we continue on the path
and into the moss garden.
We come suddenly upon this serene place and linger to reflect in the Reflection Garden.
The path leads on through Camellia Way and eventually back to the meadow.
Total walking is about two miles and is estimated to take two hours. We took two and a half. Why hurry in a place like this?

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and serene Japanese garden! Truly a treasure to remember. I wish I could hire those loving hands to tend to my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask you if you saw English ivy anywhere in this wonderful landscape, and if so, how have they kept it from taking over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely stroll, thanks for taking us along

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, it's Sherry
    Soo nice. I just looked at these pics of the garden..Wow beautiful. Thanks for sharing.. I'll have to go..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really, really impressive! What an amazing place! I love your gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh. Gasp! Look at that! Wow! (my internal conversation while looking at these pictures) They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Linda, I strolled and scrolled through all 4 parts. GORGEOUS!!
    I haven't been there yet but am going to make sure I will. MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful pictures, Linda. Is this close to Seattle? I will have to put it on my "must see" list! Your pictures are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a walk I would love to go on Linda. Lovely photos! Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent photos of a beautiful Japanese Garden Linda. We have one in Hamilton, not quite as spectacular as your though. Lovely. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome photos. Such a "jewel". I would definitely take a few hours to look it all over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I'm with you, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.