Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday In Seattle

Friday has been another busy day. We all went out to breakfast in Des Moines (WA, south of the airport)with some of our regular Friday morning group. Then we took a walk on the fishing pier there. Back home, the kids put on dress up clothes and went to play in the playhouse. I went grocery shopping. Tom took a package to UPS, and Jill met a friend for a visit and lunch. After I got the groceries put away, I had a few minutes to sit and read until I was needed for a party in the playhouse. Then we crept through the pathways in the yard avoiding "bad guys". After a mini-lunch, the kids took naps and I got some time to catch up on a few blogs. We had dinner at 4:00 because we had an assignment that took us downtown to the stadium by 6:00. We rode the light rail, and followed directions to the truck loading zone behind the stadium, where we signed in and got access to a VIP parking area. This is what we found there. The letters were being affixed to the huge banner. Then we had to accordion fold it, so that it would be ready to open out and run up and over three sections of fans in the north end of the stadium on June 10th. Shhhh. It's still a secret. When we are getting things wrapped up, Jake had time for a little hide and seek with his niece and nephew.
Isaac and Irene helped drag the massive bundle out to Joe's car.
Then, minus Jill, who stayed behind to hang out with Jake for a while, we headed back to the light rail station. Here we were crossing over the pedestrian bridge when a freight train passed under us.
The stadium loomed over the tracks.
We checked out this little plaza outside the China Town station.
After the train ride home, we had ice cream, then the kids had baths, and I just got them to bed at 9:45. At 10:00 Jill walked in. Now I'm done for the day and I have a recorded TV show to watch to wind down.

8 comments:

  1. I am puzzled as to how the banner will be unfurled over that section of seats so that the letters will be seen correctly. You don't want upside down letters!

    You certainly had a busy day outdoors. Mine was pretty mundane -- just the laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a busy grandma! that banner is bigger than huge. must be heavy too. what a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the banner at the stadium.

    BTW: Did you stay awake while watching the show you recorded? LOL MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely the best kind of adventure any family could have....except going to the beach, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting to see that banner in action. Take lots of pictures. Irene and Isaac will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine folding that thing was quite a production! It should look amazing during the game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! What a day you've had! I'll bet the kids are in heaven with this little banner secret. Good gosh! That is immense. I hope you'll have a good way to take a photo to record the unfurling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..that is a really large undertaking....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.