Thursday, December 9, 2010

Whew!

It has been a busy week. I guess it was just last Saturday that we spent a day on Whidbey Island. Then on Sunday and Monday we put up the tree and decorated it. Then it was time to get back to sewing. I finished a shirt and fleece vest for Isaac. I'm sure I took a photo of it, but it's lost in the picture files somewhere. And it just got shipped off today, so sorry, no photo of project #3. Then I got this table runner made to go with Tom's cone wreath and the chocolate candle from Langley. Someone commented that she hoped one of these wreaths would make it to Jill. Yep, this is the one! You'll just have to take my word for it that the runner is a much richer green than the photo shows. All of this plus ornaments and and books and things for the kids to open pre-Christmas were packed and sent yesterday. Yesterday was also our annual Christmas Field Trip day. We have several Christmas shops we like to go to north of Seattle. We take several retired teacher friends, who are grateful for letting someone else do the driving. We shop, have lunch, and just have a good time. It's pretty much a repeat of last year's trip, which I posted here:
-
The time for shipping Christmas gifts to Colorado was drawing near, and I had one more sewing project to complete, so I got busy last night and this morning, and finished the pillows and the bags to "wrap" them in.
Oh, somewhere in there, Tom and I got the Christmas photo card ordered and printed, typed up the Christmas letter and had it printed, and got the cards addressed, stuffed and mailed.
Today, after finishing sewing the pillows, we got everything collected and began the wrapping. That done, we were off to the UPS Store for a big shipping box.
We loaded the box, and Tom took it over to the UPS shipping center. It's on it's way. We can now track "Santa's sleigh" as it makes it's way to Fort Morgan.
While we were out, we stopped at Safeway to pick up crab that was on sale. We'll have a crab fest for dinner!
-
And then I think I'll rest.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! You have accomplished so much! Put your feet up and toast the occasion. You always amaze me, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your progress is amazing. Not to mention this post, with pictures, for all of US to enjoy as well!! You are one impressive lady, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super woman you are, Linda! You never cease to amaze me. And to think you do this EVERY year! I am sure your grandkids will enjoy your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have indeed had a very busy week. I'm glad Jill is getting one of Tom's wreaths. Next year he can Christmas trees with cones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...and homemade gifts..you are amazing Linda...beautiful gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a day and week-you are keeping busy! love your runner. Guess it's time for me to get some gifts mailed too. My son works for UPS and this is their busiest time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well after all that, you deserve a rest! :)
    Don't you just love the look of all those wrapped packages?

    ReplyDelete
  8. you may say, 'What a week!' but isn't it great to be productive? There really is nothing better than being able to cross tasks off your list, beit written or a mental list.
    I hope to do that this weekend...it's been too busy of a week here at school as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you were a fantastic teacher. You were organized and you got things DONE... and done beautifully. Wow! Your grandkids are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.