Sunday, January 16, 2011

Football Is Fun...Until You Lose

As a result of defeating the New Orleans Saints last Saturday, the Seattle Seahawks advanced to the next round of the NFL playoffs, meeting the Bears this morning in Chicago. The 12th Man, as we call our fans, was ready. Even in Colorado, Irene suited up and decorated the house.
Tom and I were off to attend a football viewing brunch. Tom was decked out in a vintage Seahawk sweatshirt.
I donned the paper hawk hat that was a cut out from the newspaper. ( I can't believe I'm posting this photo. Ugh.) We had fun visiting with lots of young people while watching the game. With the halftime score 21 to 0, in the Bears favor, we were paying less and less attention to the game. But we actually won the second half and finished with a respectable 24-35 loss.
-
After returning home we took advantage of the mild 52 degrees and lack of rain to go for a walk. It felt great to let the wind blow through my hair and blow the cobwebs out of my head.
-
So the football fun is over for this year in Seattle.
-
But Dianne's Jets won in a victory over the New England Patriots! I'll be cheering for your team next week, Dianne.
-
And Now I'm going to watch beautiful people in fancy dress award themselves Golden Globes.

8 comments:

  1. I know! It was such a disappointing weekend for 'bird fans'! I was glad to see the Jets win over NE -- especially Tom Brady as I think he's arrogant.

    And that photo of you is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cute! I am also watching the beautiful people in the Golden Globes, and I am sad for the Seahawks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David kept me apprised of the 2 games while I sat at my computer. Was surprised that Seattle could not pull off a miracle. And soooo sad that handsome Tom Brady and the Pats lost to the Jets. Boo hoo.

    Now, David is watching the Globes, having watched most of the movies nominated. I prefer to sit at the computer. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! So sorry, Linda. I'm afraid everybody in my Chicago camp was awfully happy though. However, like the Cubbies say, "Wait until next year."

    ReplyDelete
  5. anything is fun until you loose, why compete but let everyone excel in whatever they do-that's probably why I don't like most sports...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sorry for you, happy for Diane.. I forgot about the Globes tonight and I enjoy seeing all the beautiful dresses.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed looking at the ducks in the pond – we have ducks here too at the neighbors’ lake. You have some I had not seen before, just like some of your birds. I have a Nikon D40, which is an older model, and I still have not learnt that much, but it takes good pictures in spite of me! We saw The King’s Speech last Saturday – Colin Firth won best actor at the Golden Globe awards and it was certainly deserved. It is a great movie. I hope you can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were on a road trip and loving our satellite radio service in our new car until about the midpoint of the first half. Too bad - I bet Ron $100 on the Seahawks and he gave me the 8 point official spread, but I still had to pay. Wait until next year! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.