Saturday, January 8, 2011

Football Saturday!

This morning I downloaded some more "vintage" music to my iPod nano, and then went out into the cold but dry morning for a 40 minute aerobic walk, bouncing along to my music. It was great! When I got back, I did my exercise routine, finally getting back into the groove. I spent more time selecting music for my iPod, before settling into my recliner for the NFL Wild Card Playoffs. You may have heard that the Seattle Seahawks won their division as the best of the worst with a 7-9 record, making history as the only team to get into the playoffs with a losing record. We took a lot of heat and ridicule, but my exact quote was "Hey, we get to play another game. And when you get into the playoffs, anything can happen". It did! We won! We defeated the reigning Super Bowl Champs New Orleans Saints 41-36! I'm exhausted. And now, for Dianne, GO JETS!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I am shocked that the Saints lost to the lowly Seahawks. Still can't get over it. Sad day in hell it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi,your hell is our heaven. And that's why they actually have to play the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tuned in just before the half to see how bad the Seahawks were losing. Was I surprised!! And so excited that they have made it into the playoffs. Yayy!!! And of course I thought about YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding? Congratulations! I'll have to tell Art. He'll be so impressed I actually have sports news for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched the end of the game and while I wanted to Saints to win, it was actually nice to see a team win that hasn't been successful in the past...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Jets just won and I came here to share the feeling with you!! I see you were thinking of me as well

    That TD run was breathtaking, congrats to your boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your team and on your walk....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you and the Seahawks are have an awesome start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Seahawks! You gotta have faith huh Linda? :-) - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now you get yet another game, good going Seahawks!
    Good for you with your aerobic walk. Our birding walks are too slow to be aerobic but they do get us out for about three miles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great that you're back in the exercise groove.

    That game was one of the best games I have EVER seen! That fake-out play was positive money!!

    Thought of you while I was watching it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.