Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Taste of Soccer

We attended a pre-season Sounders match this afternoon at the practice facility in Renton. Tom was ready early. We were playing the Vancouver Whitecaps The band, Sound Wave, was ready. Warming up on the field. It was nice that there was no rain, and it was almost sunny, but it is still cold. The band played the national anthems. I do love "Oh Canada".
The Vancouver fans weren't numerous, but they were joyful when their team scored, which they did three times, to our two.
It was fun to get back into the swing of it and watch some soccer. We will go to Qwest Field on Wednesday for another pre-season match, and then the season kicks off March 15th. We're expecting a few cold wet matches before spring arrives.
-
Tomorrow we're heading up to Whidbey Island for a couple of days. We hope to beat the rain and get the yard clean up done. We'll take the cameras in case there are some good photo ops.
-
See you later.

8 comments:

  1. have fun, hope you have sunshine for gardening and soccer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the time. I hope you capture many wonderful photos for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I'm not a big sports fan, your posts always get me so excited! I just love the energy and fun your family share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an incorrigible sports fan, Linda! And I agree with Kay, even though I don't follow them, now because of you I pay attention to the scores and think of you.

    Have a great time on Whidbey Island. Apparently we've got some rain ahead. Just in time for me to return to the PNW. Tomorrow is a travel day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good time. No doubt you'll find good photo ops. Looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you all are so spirited about your teams!

    We had PNW weather here yesterday as it poured most of the day. Gorgeous today -- chilly and windy, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My younger son played soccer from age 4 to age 26, and I went to most of his games. Looking at your photos I'm tempted to take in a Sounders game. It's one of the few sports where I know and understand the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be so very happy that the soccer season is just around the corner. What great fans you all are! I hope you get some nice weather and lots of sun when you go to Whidbey Island. I know I am ready for some spring temperatures, last night we had a heavy rain and alot of the snow disappeared. Guess its time to put the snowshoes away.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.