Monday, May 30, 2011

Fremont

Sunday morning I was in need of an excursion that would satisfy my wanderlust and my need for exercise.  We chose to return to a favorite Sunday morning location, Fremont.
Located on the north side of the Lake Washington Ship Canal, north of downtown Seattle, Fremont combines a bit of nature, fun, food, funk, and great people watching.

We started out by walking west along the canal, toward Ballard.

After a bit we leave the canal, following the Burke Gillman Trail, and get into a light industrial area a few blocks from the canal.  I loved the garden in front of what looked like warehouse,
 and the residence next door.
We had a fly over by an old bomber, probably visiting the Museum of Flight.
 Heading back along the trail, back to Fremont.

The Aurora Bridge
 and the Fremont Bridge.
 Fremont is not traditional.
We really enjoy browsing the Sunday Market.  This is a "craft" market, which includes "antiques" and all sorts of treasures.  You can get your tie die here, and your incense, and sometimes "special" brownies.

The hand tossed pizza coming out of this oven looked great.
But it was the ebelskiver in the next stall that got me off my diet.  Tom and I shared these.  Yum!
We were back home by 1:00, ready to settle in for the day.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour of Freemont, I loved the blue building and probably would have gone off my diet for those delicious looking ebelskivers. I wouldn't be able to resist those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I would have enjoyed more, that beautiful garden with its wisteria, that interesting building or the ebelskiver. The pizza looked pretty interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...and the food looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind coming along for a stroll-beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking us along on this fabulous journey, Linda. That building is definitely not traditional but definitely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know me, I love doughnuts, especially filled ones. Those look yummy and hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading about your outings and seeing what you saw. Much more interesting for a Memorial Day activity than pressure washing the deck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda,
    What a lovely day! and a fantastic looking building; the craft market; WOW! that is stunning!
    and tell me, what exactly is in that pastry?
    Um....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.