Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wake Up Little Suzie

My little Acer net book, affectionately known as Suzie, is in a comatose state.

She has served me so well in my travels this spring, and I'm missing her.  I was browsing and checking email the other day, and as I finished, I got a message asking me to update the FireFox system.  I was finished, so I clicked to install.  It went through the motions, but when I went to restart it, I could not connect to the Internet.  I had email, but no browser.

I took it to the Geek Squad at our local Best Buy yesterday, hoping for a quick fix.  That was not to be.  After puzzling over it for a while, several "Geeks" informed me that it would need to be "restored' and I could sign a contract for $199.00.

Well, I can buy a new one for $300, so I declined.  Instead I emailed my son-in-law, to see if he would like to try to see what he could do with it.  He is the one who originally bought it as a gift for us, and up graded the operating system in December.  He said he would give it a try, so Suzie got boxed up and is on her way to Colorado.  If she wakes up, fine.  Otherwise, I'll be shopping for a replacement.

In other news, Tom and I took a day trip up to the cabin on Whidbey Island today.
Our purpose was to deliver the pots of geraniums for the deck that Tom had raised from cuttings in his greenhouse,

and to plant other of his geraniums in the pots on the porch of the cousin's vintage cabin next door.
We also spent some time in the cabin garden, weeding.  It's now columbine time in the garden.

We didn't get to the cabin until almost noon, due to horrible traffic getting to and through Seattle.  By then the clouds had cleared and it was a beautiful afternoon.
After the work was done, we went for a walk on the beach road before heading back home.
 Eagles were also enjoying the sun out on the tide flats.
Tomorrow evening we have another soccer match at the stadium. Rain is in the forecast.  Good grief!

10 comments:

  1. Always lovely photos, but I really like the blue in the bottom photo. It is a very interesting photo. What a treat it must be to see eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Linda. I hope this comment goes through. Something is wrong with my computer. Here goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That large puffy cloud looks like it's floating within touch, over the field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgive my envy of this beautiful spot!!

    And now, I'll be singing "Wake Up Little Suzie" all day!! OY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you told me what was causing the shadows in those pictures. It's been long enough since I've seen the sun that I had forgotten! :-)

    But today the sun will be shining, and it's looking really good for Sunday next week! Yes, the beautiful weather is coming soon. Maybe the "June gloom" won't happen this year, it's been such a strange spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful when the sun shines, here if it rains we celebrate...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It nice to have a "geek" in the family. My brother0in-law has never failed to fix our computers.
    What a wonderful island retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with fixing the Acer. Hope mine works during my trip in July.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, your garden photos are great. I enjoyed them in both this blog and the previous one. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your netbook issues... hope your SIL can help..beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.