Monday, November 28, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action

 With the return of dry weather, Tom was able to get back outside and finish the outdoor lighting.  The house lights are for the neighbors.  The white lights in the front yard are for us to enjoy from inside, since our house sets back off the street.




 On Saturday I got all of my pottery collection packed away and the shelves cleared.  Sunday we went shopping for fabric and gift wrap and wreaths and we even bought a new Christmas tree!


We've had our artificial tree for about 18 years.  It has to be assembled branch by branch, and then lights have to be strung.  It's a lot of work, and the tree was beginning to look it's age.  We found a pretty Frazier Fir pre-lit with colored lights for a decent price at Costco, compared it with one other place, then went back and bought it.  


It's still in the box in the garage.  We'll put it up later, maybe next weekend, when the kids are here to help decorate it.


But I'm working on other decorations.  Yesterday evening Tom helped me unpack the Santa collection and I got it up on the shelves...
 and the mantel...
 and spread through out the house.

Today I organized my sewing projects and began making a dress for Irene.  I also got in my 3.5 mile walk and made turkey soup.


We're entering the busy season.  With decorating and sewing and baking and keeping up with the exercise, we also have kids this year.  Jill and I coordinated our calendars Saturday to take advantage of local events of the holiday season.  


There's plenty of action.  I'll grab my camera now and then to keep you up on it all.

10 comments:

  1. So many Santas - a collection of a lifetime. To whom will you bequeath this collection? Also, I can just imagine your electricity bill next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, tell Tom the Christmas lights look great. So do your Santa figurines. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make my head spin, Linda! I don't know how you manage to do it all. The house looks fabulous and the lights are incredible! That is a whole lot of work. Wow!

    We just got our tree up today and that alone was an accomplishment for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a lovely collection of Santas, Linda! Your home looks lovely for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is so beautiful, Linda, inside and out. And your Christmas decorations are tasteful and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing them, and I look forward to experiencing your Christmas events with the kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun to have the grandkids living in town this holiday season. Love your santa collection-it's beautiful. Caryn arrives this Thursday and will be putting up her awesome decorations. I'll take photos again. I'm a minimalist but did buy a tree last year and put out a wreath and my nativity sets but not until Dec 1st...still enjoy the fall decor and weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went through my Santa collection today and pulled out some to give to the grand kids. The rest are on display. We will not have a tree this year because we are going to Mike's daughter's in South Carolina, then on to Florida. It was great to see what you two have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your house Linda, beautiful lights on the outside and beautifully decorated on the inside.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.