Monday, November 14, 2011

Sewing Season

The rain held off again today, and I got my walk in this morning, plus some errands run.


I have been sorting through some old albums and other memorabilia that I brought home from my mother's assisted living apartment.  I finally finished culling and determined what I wanted to save, so I bought a plastic storage tub to store it in and got that loaded up.


Tom worked outside and got the rest of the raised bed spading done and the cold frames ready to move the Bonsai into.


Now I will be getting to some sewing projects.  Today I made a table cloth for Thanksgiving.

I have enough of the center fabric to make eight napkins, and I'll use the serger to finish the edges tomorrow.  


I'm also planning to go buy my turkey and other non-fresh stuff for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  The new thing this year seems to be that the price of the turkey per pound depends on how much other stuff you purchase at the same time.  Spend $150, and you get the turkey free.  I'm aiming at the $100 level and the turkey will be $.39 per pound.


There is a complication though.  My range is malfunctioning.  When I was cooking dinner tonight I noticed that there was nothing in the electronic display.  None of the buttons work for the oven or the timer or the clock, and the oven is locked!  Great.


First thing tomorrow I'll be calling for service.   On line I discovered that Sears Service doesn't have any appointments until Nov. 22!  Help!  I won't be calling them.


Wish me luck.

8 comments:

  1. no oven for thanksgiving oh no! I love your holiday table cloth and napkins to match...we actually saw our first thanksgiving commercial on tv tonight-amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never call Sears anymore b/c they are always too busy or too expensive. I call a local budget repair service who shows up same day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely wishing you luck, since this is just the WRONG time of year for the range to flake out on you. At least it wasn't when you were getting ready to prepare the meal that you discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! I do wish you luck because this is the worst time to be without an oven. It is a very festive Thanksgiving table. Gotta love your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lent my sewing machine to a friend 12 years ago and have never missed it.

    However, when I saw your tablecloth I got a little twinge of regret.

    Just a little one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I agree with DJann better now than Thanksgiving Day. Last year, we had to shop for a refridgerator 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the tablecloth. That looks fantastic!!! I love it!

    I see from your next post that you got your range. All's well that end well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You accomplish more in a day than I could plan for a week...The tablecloth is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.