Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tulip Time Two

By 2:00 the rain was over for the day and the sun lit up the colors in the fields.


Tulip town has an indoor gallery, gift shop, and cafe, but we spent most of our time out in the fields.



















With enough beauty and wonder to last us for quite a while, we left the Skagit Valley, crossed over the slew, over the bridge at Deception Pass, and on to Whidbey Island for an overnight at the cabin on Useless Bay.  Tom staked his claim by raising his flags.  


It was a pleasant evening and we went for a walk.  The lagoon always reflects the weather, or at least when the tide is in.

The morning mist rose over the wetlands on a sunny Thursday morning.
Our cabin tulips were blooming too.  Our job was to get the garden weeded before the rain arrived.


Princess Irene's were in bloom here too.
We spent about 3.5 hours weeding and grooming, hard work but the results are worth it.

We relaxed over a long lunch hour, packed up, spent some time in Langley, and then joined the traffic heading through Seattle.  

If you haven't looked at the last post, be sure to scroll down to see more tulips.  They were amazing, maybe the best show ever.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden at the cabin. No doubt the best on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pics! Wonder how many people broke their backs by planting all those tulip bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda, just rows and rows of brilliance...they are so gorgeous I can't stop loooking at them! those would make great framed photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so saturated after RoozenGaarde we decided to skip Tulip Town. But now... I'm wondering if I could just have hung on a bit longer. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your comments while we were gone, Linda. It's still crazy for me though. I've got so much to do going through those 25 gbs of photos to create a travel memory book for my mother.

    This is such an amazing post. These photos are totally incredible. It brings back such fabulous memories. We could hardly believe that spectacular sight of all those tulips in Skagit Valley when we were traveling through. We had no idea... Your header photo is just .... gosh... I just don't have a big enough adjective to describe it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of that colour looks great Linda. Your garden of tulips at Whidbey Island look great too - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!!!!!!!!!! so much color..I love your cabin..it is so charming...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Linda, your Tulip pics are fantastic. The colors glorious. We are going to Tulip Town sometime this week---weather permitting---although to us natives rain is ok too. LOL.

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cabin is lovely, the deck is wonderful

    I went back to the last post also
    more colors of tulips than I was ever aware of!
    and the displays are amazing
    some really beautiful trees there too
    fantastic photos Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just catching up on your blog. I LOVE your tulip shots. I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.