Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Got Done and Got Stuck

Friday and Saturday of this weekend have been spent cleaning house and cleaning the yard.  I especially like the yard part.  


As I was working in various "rooms" of the garden I found myself getting stuck.  I got stuck here in the secret garden and listened to the birds sing.

 I got stuck here under the rose covered cherry tree, thinking about how this will look and smell when the roses bloom soon.  I hope we don't miss the whole show.
 I came back and had lunch here, with the bees buzzing  in the wisteria blossoms.
And each day I sat in the sun here with my afternoon coffee and my book.
 It was wonderful to have ample time to do the work and be able to enjoy the garden too.
 Tom found a few radishes.
 It's columbine time here and the flowers are so amazing.







 Allium are in bloom under the wisteria.


 It's fun to mix the fake with the real.
 All of the drip and sprinkler systems are on and tested.  There will just be a few things to water when the kids come over to take care of kitty.
It's all so lovely I almost hate to leave, but I'm also excited for our trip.  Today we did the laundry and then began the packing.  I'm down to checking off lists.  
After dinner there will be time for a walk.  It's cool today, but the sun comes out now and then and I hear the birds singing through the open window.


And in the morning we fly away.

15 comments:

  1. A beautiful place to get stuck!
    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those different columbine: beautiful! I can see why you might not want to leave right now, Linda. It's all so lovely and serene. But that said, I hope you have a great trip anyway! It will be there when you get back, a bit different perhaps, but lovely nevertheless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to get stuck! I love all the beautiful columbines, and the wisteria brings back memories of Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe this is the best time of year for you to travel. That wedding would be more beautiful if they came to Seattle & married in your garden. I've never seen such beautiful wisteria & columbine. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you see them as rooms

    the wisteria is amazingly beautiful
    I could sit there forever

    have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. goregous garden. when we leave for a trip I always spiffy up the house then wonder while I'm leaving but it's fun to come home. We are in SLC today going to decorate my mom's grave...have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I love your pictures and your garden. Glad that most of it will take care of itself while you guys are gone. Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see your trip photos when you get back.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos! You are adept with the camera. Have a nice flight in the morning, and I hope TSA is kind to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wisteria is spectacular, and oh, the colorful columbines. Have a great trip. We'll be waiting to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing columbine! Wow! Your wisteria header photo is absolutely magnificent, Linda. It just takes your breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, your yard is just amazing! I could spend a week there learning, discovering, etc. be sure to let me know when you become a B&B! Hint hint!
    Seriously, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you know I just had to swing by for another look at all your gorgeous photos?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gardens do you both credit Linda. They look great! - dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.