Thursday, May 17, 2012

Time Flies By

Yesterday I spent the day working on a new wardrobe.  


I shopped all morning and into the afternoon.  Then after lunch at home, I showed Tom all of my purchases, including a few for him. With everything spread out over the bed, I worked on putting outfits together, with the few new clothes I already had, and the ones I had  just purchased: jeans, one pair with sparkles on the rear, pedal pushers, or what ever they call them now, khakis,  and even a pair of shorts!  I bought a tee shirt dress and a pair of linen slacks and a dressy top, clothes to wear to a wedding in Boston June 2nd, the reason we will be traveling to New England at the end of May.


I bought new bras, and a few more new briefs.  I had to figure out what size I am now.  I am still slowly losing weight and am nearing my goal.  I am down about 55 pounds in all since a year ago January. It has been slow going this year, but at least I know I can maintain my weight loss.


During the past months I studied travel books and slowly mapped out our road trip.  We will fly to Boston, pick up a rental car and drive into Vermont, where we will spend the first four days touring.  Back in Chelmsford, north of Boston, we'll spend three nights, see family and attend the wedding of my niece. 


After that we will spend the next 10 days touring western Massachusetts and Upstate New York.  These are all places I have not been before.  It will be a whirlwind road trip with so much to see.  I have booked all of the hotels, we'll take our GPS, and just follow our maps.  I love road trips!


Today I have been working on a sewing/embroidery project that is part of a wedding gift.  It has been one frustration after another, but it too will come together.  


I might have to take tomorrow off.  The grand kids are coming again!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss! Mine is slowly creeping back (I lost 100 pounds 7 years ago.) On my last visit to the doctor I got the weight lecture. I remember finally buying new underwear after I lost weight...I hadn't bothered with buying new underwear until I went shopping with a good friend and she burst out laughing when she saw m e in my skivies in the dressing room. Your trip sound wonderful. We hope to take a road trip this summer in our RV while the grandchildren are visiting us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to buy new clothes after you've lost weight. I loved my one trip to the New England states, especially Boston. I also liked Vermont. How exciting. Thanks for the manzanita info. I've passed it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting on so many levels -- your weight loss, the purchase of new undies, and the excitement of traveling to places you've not yet been. I, too, love road trips. And that part of the country is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While you were reading my post, I was reading yours! Congratulations on keeping your weight loss going. I had no idea you had so much to lose. I am trying to maintain my weight loss, but now that I've reached where I want to be, it's hard to stay level. I've found it's easier to be losing or gaining but hardest to stay level. I look forward to finding out how YOU do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss. New outfits are always fun, but getting ready for a trip makes it even better. Do you have the Robt. Todd Lincoln home (Manchester, VT) on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a really great road trip at a good time of year for that part of the country. So much history and so much diversity in the north east. If you can get to Albion in upstate NY, it is worth the trip. Everything seemed to be made of stones.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.