Friday, June 29, 2012

Dance, Dance, Dance

Tuesday night we went to Isaac's dance recital.  He was in first year Tap along with his friend Jack.  He looked very spiffy in his sequin vest and had all of his routine down smoothly.  

This is a very large dance academy, and I had no idea of what to expect on ballet night tonight.  We were quite blown away actually with a full production of Alice in Wonderland.  The preschool kids were adorable, and the older girls were very skilled dancers.  

In between were lots of very cute young ladies in lovely costumes.  Irene was a Pink Flower and she seemed to know what she was doing too, enough to be giving direction to some of the others on stage with her.  Hmmm.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Oh, and she lost another tooth today too.  It was a big day.


I am not that much of a connoisseur of dance or ballet, but I have to say I was very entertained by this production tonight.  Bravo to all!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a proud time. My granddaughter had a Tap recital and I have to say Irene's costume is a lot prettier. Have a fun weekend, Linda. Your header is just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks beautiful!!
    and happy too, it's wonderful that she enjoys dance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene looks so sweet in her tutu. Mike's grand daughters are into ballet, but since they are in California, we only get to see picture. I'd love to be able to see a recital in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun that they are both involved in dance-it will build their self confidence. how come no photo of isaac?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandchildren are reason to be proud. I am so glad you share them with me. It sounds like it was a wonderful production. Somebody did a good job of marshaling the talents and putting them on display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have been in Seattle for only a short time and already they are in dance productions? Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I'm not at all surprised to learn Irene was at her best giving directions. That little girl has a future and she's going to be interesting to watch as she matures into the world of adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There were absolutely no cameras or recording devices allowed in the auditorium, so I didn't even take a camera with me. The one photo I do have Corey took on his phone before they left their home, and he emailed it to me later on. So no photo of Isaac, but I understand there are purchased photos of both kids, and a cd is available for purchase. Jill did mention that it was a "money pit".

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful! That must have been a super special night.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.