Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lunch In The Garden

While it has been a beautiful day, it was still a bit cool at noon, so the advertised "Lunch In The Garden" started out in the dining room.


The invited guests were my friends, mostly retired, a few still on active duty, from my old school, McMicken Heights.


I did not photograph the food, provided by Tom and me, with a few lovely contributions from guests, and I did not photograph the guests, although they are certainly a lovely bunch of ladies.  All I can show you are the garden flowers that filled the house.





After the meal we adjourned to the garden, where we toured and talked and sat and strolled, until we all ended up on the patio, in the sun, for dessert and coffee and more conversation.


Irene was here yesterday and had time to replenish her supply of flowers in her flower shop.  Yes, her playhouse now houses her flower business.
It is officially closed today, but she gave me permission to show it to the ladies.  It was greatly admired.


This is where I  am now. 


 Josy has just joined me.  Tom is napping in his recliner, and deservedly so.  He was an amazing host today, helping with the preparation and set up, preparing and serving the beverages, doing almost all of the clean up, and adding to the conversation.


Thank you, Tom, and thank you my friends, for making this such a wonderful day.

14 comments:

  1. It does indeed look as though you had a wonderful day! Delightful and well deserved!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only a garden outside but one inside as well. Irene is such a wonderful little girl, and you're a good grandma to let her pick your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say it again. You guys are the best grandparents around. Wow! I'd love to have been there just to see all the flowers and your beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your very own tea party, what lovely arrangements...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your header picture! So many gorgeous flowers and all probably from your garden. You have such a green thumb! Your party was lovely, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos! I would have been interested in seeing pics of the food, too. You didn't say what was served. Glad everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chose not to photograph my guests, since they are not that interested in being posted on the Internet. As to the food, when I entertain, I am all about facilitating the function, so I do not have time for taking photos.
    The menu included make-it-yourself sandwiches with assorted breads and rolls, assorted deli meats and cheeses, lettuce, tomato and avocado slices; my homemade potato salad, and a fresh fruit compote with cherries , strawberries, blueberries, pears, pineapple, blackberries, and bananas. Friends added deviled eggs and a fruit with dip plate. Dessert was lemon bars and brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand the need for anonymity on the internet. I so appreciate your ability to write about your life and experiences. This one was enjoyable, too. Thanks for letting me know what you served, it was just as good as a picture (well, almost). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely is right! It was fun to see inside the flower shop too. I have been totally forgetting to take pictures of the events at our house lately. I really should have taken more pictures of my Dad when he was here on Father's Day.

    Thank you for sharing your day,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the food description! Love the idea of fresh fruits, which must have been colorful as well as refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are truly captivating. Such a lovely time spent with friends. Have a great weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently OUR invitations are delayed in the mail? Figures. We missed a lovely time, that's obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are just beautiful, how welcoming your home is! And Irene's little house is adorable, loved the sign on the door! If I lived nearby I would buy up all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Irene's flower shop and as usual I am envious of your garden. I need to redo my irrigation system as most plant (except for my edibles) seem thirsty.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.