Sunday, June 17, 2012

Reeder Gardens

While I'm still recovering from our travels, there is no rest around here.  We have spent most of the weekend getting the yard back in shape.  That mostly means grooming, as everything is looking pretty good.  Plants have grown and bloomed, but we didn't miss too much.










 The vegetable and cut flower garden is growing nicely.  Tom had some tying up and weeding to do here.


 The musk rose on the cherry tree is in full bloom, scenting the lower garden.
 And the clematis is climbing and beginning to bloom too.
















 Rose petals on the lawn.




While we were finishing up in the yard this afternoon, Jake was here making a batch of home brew beer.  What a process.  I have some pics I'll post some other time.


And then we grilled our dinner and shared a meal with Jake.  

12 comments:

  1. It all looks great. I bet you missed it. What is the bottom pink flower? It almost looks like a peony. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, all is well with the world again. Glad to see these pictures. Now tell me about that casket with the orange casket spray in the fifth and sixth pictures. I'm stealing that red poppy picture. Sue me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good thing you enjoy gardenig, because that would be too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lush garden...it welcomed you home nicely I can tell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All's right with the world now, Linda, since I've gazed into your beautiful gardens again. I notice the vegetable garden much more now that I've gotten one for myself. Beautiful place, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I have said it before but what a gorgeous garden you have Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just happened upon your blog. My goodness, your gardens are wonderful. How on earth do you keep up with everything? I can never seem to reach a balance of indoor and outdoor work. One always suffers.
    Thanks for sharing your beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is like heaven! Thank you for the beautiful pictures, Linda.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came here via one of your readers and I just want to tell you that you have depressed the heck out of me. Do you people not have drought, heat, humidity, bugs, hungry mammals???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gardens look magnificent Linda. I was amazed at that picture of very irridescent pink flowers. Beautiful! - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love coming to see your garden, Linda. I'd love to go back your way just to get a look at your garden in person. It's amazing! Home brew beer? Hmmmm.... Interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.