Monday, July 9, 2012

Edmonds Late Bloomers Progressive Garden Tour, Part 2

We entered Kathy's garden through an arbor were the sunlight was making the leaves of the Forest Pansy glow.






 By now ice water and shade were welcome.
The last garden, and all would agree, I think, the most dramatic, was Kathleen's.


Kathleen is a skilled plants woman, but her real gift is for staging her garden.  She loves "yard art" and dabbles in quite a few forms herself.  And for the rest, like the blown glass art, she has her special sources.




 Kathleen's friend Ilse and Tom discuss the garden while Cat greets us.  We visited Ilse's garden last weekend.











 The glass flowers decorating her garden and her "shed" were made by Kathleen.


 Up on the deck there is a lovely view of all of the beauty below.




Thank you, Ilse and Kathleen, for the invitation to join you and your garden group.  It was a wonderful day.

9 comments:

  1. You're right it was amazing. The yard art was fascinating. I loved the blue balls floating on the water. My friend from Louisiana could not get over the size of hostas here. What would she have thought if she'd seen these. Amazing. When do these people have time to sleep? Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a fun tour, loved the water feature and art in the garden...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing. These women are very creative and have a great eye for color, texture, and grouping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just amazed and awed by all the garden pictures from your area. I have never seen anything quite like them except in well staffed botanical gardens. Just Beautiful beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to dress up my patio with plants like hers, but who would water them when we are traveling? They would die and we would waste our money. I will wait til we come back from our trip in November before investing in any plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the yard art. I spent most of my life as a very practical person, growing only vegetables for a long time. Then I fell in love with dahlias and irises, and my love of flowers has surpassed my love of edibles. Now I may even venture into yard art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky to live in Seattle. I don't think there are any garden showings in our area. It doesn't rain enough to be lush here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, WOW! In my dreams, I garden like that!!:) I buy all the books and study the pictures. But when it gets right down to it, I'm better at admiring than planning and planting. I'm so envious of her talent. Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how comfy Cat looks
    who wouldn't be!! it's all so soothing and beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.