Tuesday, December 18, 2012

'Tis the Season

We woke this morning to a light blanket of snow!  It lay lovely on tree and bush and lawn, but kindly on streets and highways that busy commuters had to traverse.


 I took my camera when I went out to the street to get the newspaper.

 Snow on the roses.
 Frosting on the Wind Spinner.

We had a busy morning, Tom and I, setting up for our lunch guests. This group is from my old school, the McMicken Lunch Bunch.  


We usually meet at a restaurant once a month, but I have been hosting the Christmas lunch in recent years.  While several of our retired friends couldn't make it (we missed you, DeeDee and Bev), we did have two "active duty" friends who were former colleagues.  Chris is now the principal of the school where Jill teaches and where the grandkids go to school.  Cathleen now works at the administration building. 

I made a big pot of turkey soup, and provided rolls, bread and the dessert.  The rest was pot luck.

Cookie or fruit cake, anyone?

We had a great visit and I did some catching up with some people I hadn't seen for a while.

There is still soup left over.  Jill and the kids get out of school for the holidays today.  They will be over for dinner.

15 comments:

  1. Don't miss snow that's for sure. Lol. Hate cold weather. But, looks like you all had a wonderful time, Linda. I'd love to sample those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to wish you and your family a beautiful and very Merry Christmas, Linda, for you and your family!! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks festive and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had more snow that we did here. Very nice! I was hoping to get some pictures but we didn't have enough. Those cookies make me wish I had some! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snow pics and what a lovely spread for the lunch. Glad to hear it was a fun though busy day. No snow here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a lot more snow than we had in Portland. Ours did not stick but the big wet flakes were beautiful while they lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home embodies the Christmas spirit! Family, friends and food, wrapped in love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a great time. Wishing you and all your family a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the snow looks so pretty
    I love when it decorates but doesn't accumulate :)

    you set a magnificent table!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. soup sounds good, we have a sprinkling of snow this morning-our first!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty snow, and everything looks so nice for your party. We have about a foot of snow, but nothing new for a few days.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fresh snow and nothing could be prittier. You took some grand shots.

    Your tables look lovely. Fun to catch up with old friends and family. We are having a family dinner this Saturday. MB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies look so good. I would not be able to stop by eating just one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Linda! I wish I lived next door to you. Everything looks so incredibly beautiful and delicious.

    Wow! The snow makes everything magical and your table looks spectacular. I can't get over the variety of cookies you're able to make.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.