Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday With Friends


Come Saturday morning, I'm goin' away with my friend.
We'll Saturday-spend till the end of the day, just I and my friend.
We'll travel for miles in our Saturday smiles and then we'll move on.
But we will remember long after Saturday's gone.
(lyrics from Come Saturday Morning - the Sandpipers)

We had the grand kids today.  Jill was in the mountains teaching orienteering.   Corey was in China Town on a photo shoot with a photo group, recording the New Years Celebration.

We went out to the River Bend Golf Course area of the Green River Trail.
 The kids rode their bikes and Tom and I walked.  
 We hoped the raptor would return to this nest, but there were no eagle or hawk sightings.
 Irene thought this would make a great place for a tree house!
 The kids would go ahead and then come back to check in.  We all enjoyed the mild weather and the flat trail.
 A couple of Golden Eyes landed in the river.
 After finishing up about four miles of trail back and forth, we stopped at The Old Fishing Hole to share some trail snacks with the ducks before heading home for lunch.
 Isaac would like to go fishing.  We will have to check out the possibilities here.
After lunch Irene and I played pretend, with dress up, jewelry and tea.  Isaac had some screen time.  
We all had a good time, one we will remember long after Saturday is gone.

6 comments:

  1. That is a great age for the kids. They are semi-independent. I hope I am able to attend my grandson's birthday party next weekend. I miss him a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Come Saturday Morning is one of my favorite songs...I absolutely love it!! How exciting for your grandkids that you and Tom are so much fun!! Don't forget my adoption into the family request!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saturday! I am so glad I get to share your grandkids with you, Linda. You are one of the people I had in mind when I said that some bloggers have become as dear to me as family members. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great day for all. I wish you showed some of the dress-up/tea party pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful tree for a tree house. I agree! I love that last photo of yours. Gorgeous! I'd love to spend a day with my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.