Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Jill's Getting A House!

She just posted it on Facebook, so I think I have permission to begin celebrating too!

As my faithful readers know, we had an inspection Sunday on the house for which Jill has an accepted offer.  There were some issues, most not too difficult or costly, except for the roof, which might have to be replaced sooner than later.  

The inspector was a great guy, very experienced and knowledgeable, and full of good information.  He declared the house sound and a good value.

 As Jill said, " It has a big yard for Isaac,  a downstairs for Irene, and a hot tub for me!"
Jill's loan guy will now get the paper work processed and closing should be in mid to late October.  
                                               Entry. ↑
                  Living room/dining room. ↑
                                   Downstairs.↑
                                Sun room. ↑
Deck and hot tub enclosure. ↑

Tom already has a list of jobs to do at the new house as soon as we can get access.  The house is clean and almost move-in ready.   It's only 3-4 miles from us.

And now we can declare that we are EXCITED!  

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for all of you! Looks like a lovely house!! What great news, Linda, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Jill! That looks like a lovely house. You can't beat a big yard when you've got kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bet you all are excited. Good for Jill and good for you also. Always nice to be close to Mom and Dad and Gramma and Grandpa. Lots of work but good times too. MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Will there be a housewarming party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3-4 miles away from you? How excellent is that??? This is just so wonderful! The house is gorgeous and really spacious. Can't get more perfect than this. I'm so happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely house and close by is a big plus. Hopefully the owner will make an allowance for the roof either by fixing or taking the cost of repair off the price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful! It looks like a great place, with lots of room and it will keep Tom busy for a while, I'd say. And the fact that it's so close to your home is great. Congratulations to all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an exciting time but whenever buying property it is busy and it seems like the hoops to jump through never end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you all! It looks clean and spacious! I bet the kids are excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! Absolutely wonderful. I like how light and open this house seems. I love that each one has a special place that will be just right for them. Congratulations to Jill. Now, Tom's work begins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy for all of you! What good news! Is Jill a gardener like mom and pop?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news, and the house is beautiful! I love the hardwood floors and the decks. Nice big yard too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really neat. Congratulations to Jill and the kids. I like it alot.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.