Saturday, September 14, 2013

Soccer For Grandparents

No, I'm not playing.  I'm watching.  These guys.
And these girls.

It's time once again for the youth soccer season, and Isaac and Irene have rejoined their teams, the Wolverines and the Mud Dogs, respectively.

 Aunt Jan joined the cheering section.
 Isaac got an assist, and the Wolverines went on to victory in their first outing.

 Isaac can't wait for next Saturday.  He is loving playing soccer.

After a change of venue, we joined the Mud Dogs.

 They play five a side, and with a lot less skill, but still with a lot of style.



They were not so successful in their first outing, but they look good on the field with their pretty pink bows!

After a rousing match at the stadium last night where we joined 55,000 friends to cheer on the victorious Sounders, we are tired and we were happy to enjoy our calmer role in Grandparents' soccer this morning.

11 comments:

  1. Your photos are spectacular as usual, Linda. They really show the action and determination in Isaac's team and the style of Irene's team. Too cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac is quite talented, you can see it in the intensity of his face. And you are so right: those pretty pink socks and bows that the girls wear add panache, which will one day be turned into goals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a thrill to watch your kids or grand kids. Kids do appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look on Isaac's face in some of these photos. He's a competitor. I can see that. He also looks quite talented. Irene looks like she also has the same keen skills and intelligence to play the game.

    What fun for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 5 yr old granddaughter plays soccer on Saturdays. And both of her parents also played soccer in high school. But, I have never seen any one of them play. Just not interested in sitting out in the hot sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gee, all of a sudden your grand children look so growth spurted and definitely athletic. It is so great that you and Tom can be there to watch and support them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures!! I absolutely love watching children play sports, esp. if I know one or two of them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute photos. I enjoy seeing the youth soccer teams in action. The kids are fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great activity! They don't play Soccer around here. Not sure why not. Probably don't have the school budget for it. Love Irene's bows they are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda,

    Oh these photos bring back tons of memories from my kids soccer days! You got some fantastic shots! They really show the determination and spunk on those darling faces!

    Hope you don't have as many rainy Saturdays as we had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah youth soccer-all four of my sons and most of my older grandsons play too...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.