Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Busy Fun Continues

As you know from my last post, we carved pumpkins Friday evening. But before Jill joined us, she took possession of the keys to her "new" house!

Saturday afternoon, we loaded up both of our vans and began moving things into the house.  Tom's sister Jan joined us to help move stuff and to check out the hot tub.  She and Irene got it cleaned up and filled with water, but the next step is to find out where the power source is because something isn't turned on yet.  The house was purchased through Fannie Mae so we don't have any information from the previous owner.  We are still making discoveries.

We also made lists of things that need to be done and that need to be purchased.  After we all went out to dinner last night Tom and I went shopping for the first round of stuff.  

This morning, Sunday, Tom and I went over to the house with a small load and I did some cleaning while Tom got things ready for the plumber, who will come Monday to work on the drainage problem in the basement laundry room.  Tom will line up an electrician to do some needed work and hopefully solve the hot tub power issue.

Later we got together with Jill and loaded up and moved two more van loads of stuff to the house.  The official move is next Saturday, when we'll get a truck and some heavy lifter help.  Much needs to be done before then.  Tom and I will be busy all week.

Then this afternoon/evening we went to the final regular season Sounders soccer match, along with 66,000 other fans.  The game ended in a tie, which means that Seattle will have to play in the knock out round of the playoffs this coming Wednesday.  Then Thursday is Halloween, and Saturday is moving day, and maybe another soccer match.  Whew!

So just to slow things down a bit, let me share with you some photos I took Saturday morning, when we joined out little garden club group on a tour of Kubota Garden.  I posted pics of this lovely place last year, too, but I just have to share it again.

Autumn here in the Pacific Northwest has been lovely again this year, even with the fog.  Enjoy the color show.
















































10 comments:

  1. Jill is very lucky to have you and Tom to help her with the move. I can just imagine her excitement on owning such a pretty house. The photos are lovely, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this place! The pretty red bridge is what I first recognized. Sometimes I think I should go to visit Butchard Gardens in Victoria at this time of year, because they are always beautiful, and now they must look something like this. Thanks for the great pictures, Linda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely autumn leaves...we're going on a photo trip next week to Zion Park-hope there are still leaves there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to go before the color fades. Beautiful photos linda!
    Jill has moved here?
    I haven't kept up!
    But I'm so glad she has all of you to help and be such a strong supportive family !
    It's good to see and to hear about !
    Best wishes for all!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. The foliage at Kubota is looking so beautiful! I've been meaning to go there for years. Last spring Peter and I were planning to go, but the day we picked turned out to be too cold and windy, so we went nursery hopping instead. I really should go! Was this trip with your NPA group, or a different one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do not envy you helping with the move. Never easy but at least there is a lot of help.
    That garden and the colors are just stunning. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors. Love the red bridge shots and the heart rock water spot.
    We planted over 200 Tulips last week.
    Lucky Jill to have Mom and Dad to help move. Excellent way for the children to learn such good work habits. You all are such hard workers but that is what pays off--right. MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kobota Gardens is definitely a beautiful place. Love the pics! We have never lived where the colors were so vivid. I keep hoping to take an Autumn trip one day to check this out. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful walkways and paths with some breathtaking foliage! I hope the move goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome photos, Linda! That red bridge reminds me of Monet's garden. I love all the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.