Thursday, October 10, 2013

There's Trouble in Paradise

You know all that lovely technology I have been boasting about?  Such a paradise of connectivity, right?

Well, it has caused my life to be a mess lately.  The desk top computer has rebelled because someone had the audacity to install the iCloud on it's strictly Microsoftness. Apple and Microsoft are having a war in my PC, and the result is that it has lost connectivity to the internet via the cable, wired in, connection.  

My tech guy Tad is totally pi**ed off with me for messing up the machine over which he has technological custody. He keeps telling me not to touch anything, and I do anyway.  He thought he had it fixed Monday, but this morning it was all wacko again.  And I do not accept that it is my fault this time.  I didn't do it! :-/ 

I have communicated with Tad and he says the whole thing will need to be scrubbed.  

In the meantime, I connected it to the wireless, restarted it, and it is working fine - just not the way it's supposed to.

And that's the odd thing, of course.  The cable signal is going to the wireless router and everything else is doing fine.  These machines are crazy.  Can't live with them, can't live without them.

And that's on top of the major grumpiness many of us in the Seattle area are feeling today anyway.  Our beloved Sounders soccer team has lost badly two games in a row, one last Saturday to Colorado  and one last night to Vancouver BC.  We were at the top of the league a week ago.

Last night 38,000 of us eagerly anticipated watching a good match at the stadium on a lovely fall evening.  Many others were watching at home on their TV sets.

We love doing the March to the Match and it was a rousing one last night, flares, smoke and all.
Today many of us are feeling more blue than green.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, it's too bad your team lost. We feel sorry for Hawaii's football team, which is now 0-5. As for computers, we stick strictly with PCs and have not touched Apple products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that photo is amazing
    sorry about the outcome

    I hate all things Mac and iAnything
    I have always been a PCish person
    They should behave for you, you're so good to them

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am an all things Mac person, but I know that they don't play nice with PCs. I'm so sorry, both for your losses, and for your battles to stay connected. Things can only get better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I thought your house burned down-glad it was just a soccer game and computer problems. I've been going at it with my computer mouse-not sure who has won yet...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not give up the fight!

    That pic is amazing, but scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh! That is the weirdest thing going on with your computer and Apple. I've been OK so far... so far... There's a lot I still don't quite know how to do to make transitions between the PC and Apple, but it's done all right for what I need it to do. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your techie things and your Sounders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Them dang nab computers!!!!! I feel like Grampa McCoy. LOL
    Do you have windows 8-----more trouble for sure. I hope all goes well with things but they (techie things) trave in their own sphere and they don't care about us. ha! MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy do I feel your pain with the computer incompatibility problems, Linda! I've been going through something similar trying to use the "NEW" Office to write a letter to wealthy suburbs around Atlanta to showcase our lake places. Unfortunately, the flyers I made in the past are on old Publisher - and even within Microsoft, nothing seems to be compatible. These machines nearly all ended up in the lake this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So what is the scoop with all the flares and smoke...seems hazardous...how could anyone walk through that? Hope you get your tech problems solved..they can be SO frustrating:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Send your Microsoft vs Apple computer to Washington, D.C.. I am quite sure the fine folks in Congress will be able to work out something because they are so very good at compromise and negotiation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a true bummer. I hate it when my computer is not working correctly. Actually, I think you are handling this quite well. I would be complaining, and stomping, and off to do whatever it took to get this solved NOW. I have no patience with such things.

    I hope you get it all solved soon. I have not a clue about anything you are talking about when it comes to technology. I leave that to the husband.

    Sorry about the Sounders.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.