Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Still Grounded, But Getting Better

I have been watching hockey this morning.  The US men's team just won and will advance to the semi-finals.  Tomorrow morning the US women play Canada for the Gold.  I'll be watching!  

This evening I'll watch the ladies figure skating.  I'm hoping for lovely skating with no drama. The women will be stretching their luck to complete their triples.  Falls are bound to happen.  So unfortunate.

Speaking of falls, freestyle boarding and skiing have had some spectacular ones.  Winning takes a lot of luck as well as a lot of skill.

Yesterday I spent quite a while watching a remarkable curling match between Norway and Great Britain.  I confess I was attracted by a very handsome member of the Norwegian team, Thomas Ulsrud.

This guy was easy to watch!  And of course there are the pants.  Surely you have heard of the Norwegian Curling team pants wardrobe!
It seems they didn't much care for their official uniforms, so they went shopping.

Unfortunately the Norwegians lost, so we won't get to watch this pretty face anymore.
Maybe they could find something for him to do in the summer Olympics.  It would be a shame to hide this body.  I had no idea this was under his shirt!

As you can see, the Olympics continue to keep me entertained during my recovery.  I have been getting some sleep relief the last few nights so I guess the pills are working, but I would like to go off them soon as they leave me foggy and with blurred vision.  I'll give them a few more days before I risk it.

The sun is shining today, so Tom will take me out for a walk this afternoon.  I love getting out into the fresh air and moving more like I used to.  I'm making progress.

13 comments:

  1. How wonderful you have the Olympics to entertain you when you must be quiet.
    Had I known he was around, I would have watched curling. I had no idea the sport was so interesting. That guy has a future and not just sweeping the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, anything to keep you entertained! I gasped at the picture of him without his shirt, oh my! Glad to hear you are getting better, albeit more slowly that we would like. Now that you can sleep a bit, that should help you repair. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He could be my grandson..I enjoyed their sense of style..very unique:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must feel like you've died and gone to heaven with Olympic coverage all day. There's much more to see than just games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're enjoying the Olympics. My mother was devastated with the Japanese figure skater. She is not a happy camper these days. On the other hand, my son-in-law is probably quite happy about the Korean skater. :-) I'm glad the Americans are putting in a valiant effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will be able to get off those meds soon and be able to sleep normally. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have watched the Olympics on and off as too many ads and many injuries made me sad. I did miss the interesting uniforms. And glad that the Olympics have improved your libido,

    ReplyDelete
  8. at least you're keeping entertained...what costumes. A new reason to watch curling...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I was the only one who watches curling... Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some fun entertainment Ms Linda! Thanks for sharing - those costumes are very funny! Glad to hear that you're continuing to mend! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, I've never heard about the curling team's pants. :) He really is easy to watch!! Glad you're feeling better. I love the ladies figure skating. There were lots of falls. I felt so bad for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now Linda, where did you find that photo? He is easy to look at for sure. I did not watch the curling, but one of dearest friends curls with her husband, daughter, and son-in-law. She is my age, and I'm amazed at how she can do this sport. She loves it. They live in Vermont and were out here last winter for a tournament.

    I've not been into the Olympics much this year except for the skating. I just don't enjoy sitting still that long and watching t.v. I think if I had started some handwork before the Olympics started, I'd have enjoyed them more. I used to always crochet while the Olympics were on. I need to get back to that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oo la la! he is quite handsome. Those outfits are too funny but they make them noticed. I am glad the Olympics are on for your sake. My knee operation was surely not as severe as your but I understand about restrictions. HATE 'EM!!!
    Let's just say you will recover!! MB

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.