Saturday, March 29, 2014

45 Years Together

Today we will stand in the rain watching our grandson Isaac play lacrosse.  He told me some of the rules yesterday so I hope to understand this game that is new to Tom and me.

Jill and the kids were over at our house yesterday and I fed them homemade mac and cheese. The kids sort of helped me make lemon meringue pie while they were here for early release Friday.
After dinner Tom helped Jill change a  SURPRISE! flat tire in a down pour of rain.  Jill reports there was a rainbow sighting on the way home.

Later today we will head into town on the light rail, in our rain gear, since thunder storms are forecast, to go out for an early dinner before we go to the stadium for a Sounders Soccer match where we now sit side by side in dry seats.

It's a day like many early spring days, and yet it is for us a special day too.  It's our 45th Anniversary.

Last Monday while we were garden shop touring, I bought this latest Carruth sculpted plaque to add to our collection.
I saw us in it.  We're not that cute young couple we were on a Saturday 45 years ago.
We're part of a much bigger bunch now, and we've carried our weight.  But we are still hanging around together enjoying the sweet life.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda, I simply LOVE that picture of you and Tom. I can see that you are still the same two people I know and love today. And that plaque is really something. I love it, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a delightful anniversary and many more. Loved the picture of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 45 years. We have 30+ under our belts. That is a great photo of the two of you looking through the car window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. Happy Anniversary.

    Do flat tires happen in anything but rain downpours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to a super couple. How cute you were and are.
    Love that sculpted plaque. The expressions are different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet. You two are such a great match. Congratulations! Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 45th!
    Aloha from Hawaii!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww...love the photo... Happy Anniversary to you both!...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations on your 45th-that's a real achievement in our days. I counted up my descendants including my step family members and there are 40 with three generations so far. Amazing what families become.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on 45 years and Happy Anniversary, Linda and Tom! I love that photo of the two of you looking so happy. You are lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! We will celebrate that same number later in the year. Seems like just yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, 45 years! That is quite an accomplishment, and it's great to see you still doing all those things together! Good luck to the Sounders!
    btw - cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary! You have touched my heart with this post. I simply adore the picture of you and Tom. Has there ever bee a more perfect couple than you two? I don't think so! You look as happy today as you did in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Somehow I missed this post. Congratulations on your special anniversary! I share your love of Carruth plaques and think this one is perfect to mark your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAE! Happy anniversary, Linda and Tom.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.