Wednesday, March 19, 2014

So Far, So Good!

This is a photo of me looking good!  

That's because I just returned from seeing my surgeon for my six week check back.  My x-rays are good, the corrections in my spine have held, the apparatus (screws and rods) have not shifted, the incision has healed, and I can keep on walking as much as I want to!  Dr. Gala says I am way ahead of schedule.  Yay me!

I am still restricted from lifting more than 10 pounds, I can't go out and garden yet, and I can't take my anti-inflamatory drugs for my arthritis for a long time yet, but I might be able to tie my own shoes!

The gardening part is a bummer, but I knew that was the case.  Hopefully I will be able to do yard work by May.

I will start physical therapy now, as soon as something gets set up.  I guess that will give me something to do anyway.

I confess I was worried that I had been doing too much, but nope, all is good.  I'm relieved.


19 comments:

  1. You are looking good! Happy to hear that your recovery is going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! Thanks to Tom for that nice shot, since it's no way a selfie! You are way ahead of schedule, so maybe it will be the end of April when you can garden, maybe? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you, great progress and great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look terrific, Linda!! I'm so glad all has gone well for you!! Take care and enjoy!! You'll be gardening again before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that things have gone so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You prove that you can't keep a good woman down! You look great and are doing even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY, Linda! You look WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making great progress! Patience!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray! To be ahead of schedule is great. Do not overdue, but enjoy this coming spring as much as you can. You do look like you are in perfect shape. I admire you for such patience for so long...not once grumpy. I would have not done as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely are looking good. So wonderful that you are also doing good. Pretty sure your attention to strengthening your body before the surgery had a lot to do with it. Keep up the great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Linda. You look fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, Linda!! Keep up the good work! I wish you continued success in your recovery process.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good for you, easy does it..is the smartest way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing like getting a good report from the doctor! You look great! You always look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news! Congratulations on your speedy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great! You will be back in the old routine in no time at the rate you are healing. You look strong.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good news. I hope you continue your rapid recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look fantastic. It takes real courage to have the kind of surgery that you did. And it takes courage to go through the recovery. Congratulations on doing what it took to be where you are today. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.