Friday, April 25, 2014

Garden Club Field Trip: The Rhododendron Species Foundation Garden

Well, we have been busier than usual, so I have some catching up to do. Besides birthdays and Easter last weekend, our garden group had a field trip to the Rhododendron Species Foundation Garden and Plant Sale on Saturday morning. 

We all shopped the plant sale and found a few treasures while the rain held off.  Then it was "Hoods up/umbrellas up" for our self guided tour of the garden.

I didn't take my camera because of the rain, but eventually I couldn't resist and out came my iPhone camera.




 The recently added stumpery is filling in nicely with lovely woodland plants.

 There were many different epimediums with all kinds of wonderfully colored blooms. ↓
 This pic is blurry but I had to show some of the cool arisaemas (cobra lilies/ Jack-in-the-pulpits). ↓










I'll be around to visit your blogs and catch up as I can. 

Next up from me - Tulips!

8 comments:

  1. It all looks so lovely, even in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have that cellphone camera always handy? I've taken some wonderful impromptu pictures, too. But these are ALL wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing you had that cellphone camera. Lovely captures, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rain must have been a bit miserable to walk in, but I love your spirit. The photos show the lush vistas the rain creates. I love the photo of fern frond! Aren't they just a work of art?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shopped at the sale on Friday afternoon, but didn't have time to walk around the garden. It's a wonderful garden, I love the stumpery. What did you buy at the sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are spectacular. Here on the dry side, we don't do anything in the rain. We know that in just a little while it will be dry again. I guess you don't have that option!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so cool, refreshing and colorful....we are getting rain today-quite unusual but needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tire of the lushness of your area. I have never seen anything like it in my travels.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.