Friday, May 30, 2014

Some Special Garden Centers

We all stayed overnight in Woodburn, Oregon.  Tuesday morning we made our required stop at Al's Garden Center in Woodburn.  Covering six acres, it is a great place to shop and study and enjoy the beauty.
 Along the perimeter fence is this gorgeous hanging garden.





 I would love to work in a place like this so that I could do the end of aisles displays.

 Laurie and Arn have just been in their current house a few years, and she is still building her garden.  She studied all of the perennials. Arn said she set a new record for Al's, one and a half hours.



Eventually we did move on, with quite a few plants in the back of the car.

We were headed west across the valley to St. Paul, and a rose garden there, but first we found this place.

Strawberry season has begun in the valley. These are real berries, red all the way through.  I know because a bought a pint to bring home.
And we sampled a strawberry doughnut.
 The greenhouse was full of color, especially from the hanging baskets.

 The view from the greenhouse.↓


We didn't buy much here, but we sure enjoyed looking.

11 comments:

  1. And I enjoyed seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow a strawberry doughnut-sounds delicious. What a riot of colorful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those strawberries made me anxious to have mine turn red. They are pretty big, but not a one has turned yet. My neighbor, though, she has a dozen ripe ones already. Love your pictures! I am always amazed at how many you take. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such bright colors! Those strawberries look delicious. I have plenty of little green ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors were amazing. As much as I enjoyed seeing the photos, I don't think I could be that bold in my own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what you call EYE CANDY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word look at those Petunias. And of course the rest of the place.
    I worked in a Nursery--I was the Greenhouse supervisor and Annual buyer. So I got to do the end caps or tables. What fun. That I miss the most. Enjoy your Nursery hopping---all the way up the coast. Love your new header. MB

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lush and colorful. I know where I'd be spending my time. These place are wonderful, but I love the first one!


    I think that would be a perfect job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm absolutely agog at these gorgeous photos! You have the MOST beautiful garden centers in the NW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing as good real strawberries in June! Two more places to add to my list to someday visit!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.