Saturday, November 8, 2014

We're Back!

We returned from our European trip late last night. It was just about twenty-four hours from the time we left our hotel in Rome until we walked in our house here in Seattle.

Of course we are tired, since sleep patterns are all messed up, and we are jet lagged.  But we figure the best way to deal with this is to keep going.  We are all unpacked, most of the laundry is done, groceries have been restocked, bills paid, mail and email dealt with, and our kitty hugged and petted and stroked. 

We spent several hours traveling to and watching our granddaughter Irene's soccer game this afternoon, and even did over an hour of yard clean up this afternoon.

We missed most of the autumn color this year, but there is still a bit left to appreciate, and then there will be several weeks of clean up before Thanksgiving, and then we'll be giving thanks that it is done.

Here are a few photos I took in the yard this afternoon.




Speaking of photos, I downloaded 2782 of them onto our desk top computer this morning.  Now I will need to cull and edit and organize the photos into location files.  I hope to start posting my trip report soon.  I promise not to post them all!

We had a great trip, learned much, and saw some wonderful and historical places.  Now, it's very good to be back home.

13 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Linda!! Sounds as though you had a great trip!! I lived in Europe for three years and I would love an opportunity to visit again!! Look forward to seeing your photos!! Enjoy being home!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I admire your grit to get up and keep going ...jet lag or no jet lag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy that you have returned safely, and I'm sure you are full of new things to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu sound much like I felt when we got back from our trip. Easing into the real world takes some time and keeping busy until you collapse into bed might be the best route

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back! I've been waiting for you. You're smart to jump right into the Pacific time zone. Can't wait to hear about your trip and to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed watching your progress on the trip on Facebook and will enjoy seeing many (not all!) of your pictures. Welcome home! I love your pictures, as usual. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah home sweet home even better than Rome...lol! Looking forward to photos of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home! I missed your posts these past few weeks. It sounds like you had a fabulous trip. Hope you managed to get some sleep last night, and that it won't be too long before your sleep patterns are back to normal. Your garden still has some pretty fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home! I'm glad that you're back safe and sound. Yesterday was a perfect day to return as there was some sun and a welcome break from the wind and rain storms that have been pelting us while you were gone! Looking forward to your vacation posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're home too. What a wonderful trip that must have been. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back. That is one long trip from Rome to your place. Phew.
    Looking forward to hearing all about it.
    You really have some amazing color left. Rest a bit now and shed that jet lag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad everything went so well for you, Linda. I wish we were with you too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.