Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Other Kind of Football

You probably heard that WE WON! The Seahawks, that is.

This morning we went to watch son Jake play what soccer purists call "real football".

It has been a long time since we watched our guy play soccer.  All through his school years we were at every match; Tom was Coach and I was  Soccer Mom. Today was unscheduled, a gift of a day, which I will explain at another time, so we decided it was time to go to see Jake play.  At age 39 he thinks his playing days might be numbered, but he still loves the game. 
 That's Jake, #22.


 He's usually part of the defense, trying to prevent the other team from scoring.
 These are not boys, and you'd better know what you are doing and what you can get away with without getting hurt. 

 His eyes are everywhere, watching the ball, the placement of his teammates, and the guy he is defending.

Jake's team won 4-3.  Another victory!

And Tom and I had fun too!

13 comments:

  1. Oh Yay! And IU see that the Cowboys have been defeated, and now he Packers might be meeting up with the Hawks, if we win that next pesky game. This sure is fun, this thing you've dragged me into, Linda! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, DJan, I have turned you into a sports fan! If you can jump out of airplanes, you can handle this!
    And you made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete







  3. Congratulations for both wins!









    ReplyDelete
  4. You could get a job on TV as an analyzer. It's good to support your kids even if they are 39.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like he enjoys the game...and the grass is so green! I have never been to a Soccer Game:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that? Congratulations, Jake, on your victory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First a big congratulations on your Seahawks' big win. I'm happy for you. Seriously. The Seahawks have great fans and lots of support. I enjoyed the pictures of Jake playing Soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive that he is still at it at 39. The real football is not as violent and doesn't have all those rest periods the other one has. Be proud Mama you have one fit son.
    Since my favorite old man--Payton is out of the running and Dolphins are home on their couch, I will be pulling for the Hawks. Go Hawks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Live games are much better to watch. Live games with players you personally know are the best! Soccer is a real sport that requires constant attention, high energy and skill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of my grandkids play soccer as did their parents when they were young.

    Congrats to the Seattle Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Jake! Looks like a fun game, one my grandson does not play here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun all my 4 sons played soccer or fotbol. Now my grandkids do...

    ReplyDelete
  13. How great that you could cheer your son on to victory!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.