Saturday, September 3, 2016

Art Show in the Bellevue Botanical Garden

Last Sunday morning we spent a wonderful couple of hours wandering through the BBG, where, spread throughout the garden, artist were selling their garden related creations. 

There was lots of glass: blown glass, fused glass, re purposed glass, glass quilting, glass applique, glass mosaics. There were works created out of concrete, pottery, wire, and steel, wood and faux bois. All of these were displayed among the beautiful planting of the garden, where in late summer the grasses were the stars. 

Now I'm going to just dump a whole bunch of photos on you with very little narration.  Just enjoy the stroll. 


 This glass slug fused onto stone would have looked great with my little slug art collection, but at $125, it stayed where it was. 








 Can you imagine making this?















































 The new roof on the gate to the Yao garden has been completed since out last visit. Beautiful workmanship. 




 What a fun show!  And since there was no entry fee and we managed to resist buying anything, it was totally free entertainment!


13 comments:

  1. Thanks! It was fun to see all the glass art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful show. I seriously doubt the items I would have chosen would have been in my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun, well I have my glass flowers glued together and they are heavy-now to find some rebar or something else to make stems...wish me luck! Will show the finished product on my blog when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly, truly enjoyed my stroll through the garden, but my favorite is the hedge with the glass flowers arranged so perfectly. What a delight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So. Much. Glass. I do lobe it and I know it's iconic to the PNW, but it does get monotonous after a while. Thanks for sharing your photos, I considered going, but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did enjoy the tour of the gardens. The flowers and grasses are just so lovely and all those gorgeous glass creations!!! As Linda commented, I'm sure the items I liked would NOT have been in my price range. But it's fun looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had lots of interesting stuff to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! So much to look see. I kind of like that giant bird's nest. That is a bird's nest, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful journey and free yet. What a bunch of talented folks live in our area. I'm not a slug person but that one was really appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. And you did not buy anything! Beauriful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recognize some of the spots on the photo. It looks so much more lush than when we were there. I would be sorely tempted by all those glass flowers, especially in that early photo. The glass slug though? No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun event! Sorry that I missed it. Next year!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.