Friday, September 22, 2017

Watching the Summer Sun Sink

Today, Friday, September 22, 2017, was the autumnal equinox.  Here in Seattle the day was pretty equal between summer and autumn, the celestial curtain falling on summer at 1:02 PM.  Morning clouds gave way to a sunny afternoon.

Yesterday, Thursday, the last full day of summer, we hurried over to the Des Moines marina after dinner to catch the last sunset of the season.  As you will see, Summer left us in dramatic fashion. 

 Clouds behind us, to the east, were lit up too. 










Goodbye, summer. 

13 comments:

  1. Changes in cloud color change rapidly as the sun quickly dips below the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a sunset! fun to see all the changes moment by moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those big ole dark clouds look like they are soaking in all the golden rays of the sun. Beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sunset. The clouds almost look like they are on fire--in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous sunset photos! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing clouds as the sun set on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, Linda. Yes, summer left us in a grand way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! What gorgeous shots, Linda! I'm afraid I'm not even noticing the start of fall here in Hawaii. My daughter says it's hot in Chicago too. I'm afraid we have a lot on our plate until the end of the year. It should simmer down after January.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is some of this beauty due to the fires?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautifully dramatic ending to summer. Welcome autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous sunset pictures! I don't think summer is quite done with us yet, so even though the sun is sinking further and further to the south, we are enjoying a few more days of warmth. I'm even getting in a few more days of swimming, for which I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.