Friday, December 8, 2017

'Tis the Season to Be Jolly

This is the "all the rest" of the decorations. They are pretty much everywhere downstairs, and outside, of course. 

In the bathroom, the snowmen are on parade. 

There is a pretty poinsettia in the living room. We'll see how long I can keep it alive. My house is not poinsettia friendly. 

On the coffee table in the family (Santa) room is a Nativity pyramid whose candles we light on Christmas Eve, and a wooden Santa from the Kathe Wohlfahrt shop in Rothenburg, Germany. Tom's mother made the cone candle wreath many years ago. 
Tom made the cone wreaths in the entry and in the family room much more recently. 




This week we made a wreath for outside using greens collected from our yard. 


It now hangs by the front door. We made one for Jill too. 
 And with all of the decorating done, and our annual Christmas field trip complete, (there will be photos posted sometime), I got started with my cookie baking. That will fill most of the week to come. 

Right now we are at the cabin on Whidbey Island with Jill and the kids. We'll spend some time in Langley and watch the Sounders vs Toronto in the MLS Cup Saturday afternoon. Tom and I will return home Sunday morning.
Whether you go all out with decorating like we do, or just enjoy the simple pleasures, be sure to have fun in some way. 'Tis the season to be jolly!

11 comments:

  1. Your place looks so jolly being full of memories and beautiful decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing all your decorations. There is something to the tradition of twinkling lights and candles at this dark time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that wreath on Facebook and loved it then, too. The wreath for Jill is beautiful as well. You are both so talented. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. busy with partying...little decorating but some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first year in ages that I have felt really tempted to buy a Pointsettia. There's such a wonderful variety of gorgeous ones out there. Unfortunately if I did it would have to live in the greenhouse, which defeats the purpose, because my kitty samples and eats every plant he can reach. I've had kitties for years and years, and this is the first one I've had who was such a ravager of plants. I like looking at your decorations. It's such a great alternative to me actually putting any up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do go all out. What a lovely display you have created both in and out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreath that you made for the front door is so lovely ( as are all your decorations!!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Decorations add to your enjoyment by putting them up and then setting up Christmas mood. I really like the two wreaths you made. Our stuff isn't green anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those two wreaths beautiful! (I've simply got to learn a new word. I've really overused "beautiful" on you blog. I'm sincere though). Your wreaths are much prettier than any I've seen in stores around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like you post good blog,Thanks for your sharing.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.