Monday, February 12, 2018

NWFGF: Vintage Market and Plant Sales

What is the attraction of old stuff? I'm not sure, but I love it. Here is a glimpse of some of the vintage vendors at the garden show. 






I'm always looking for places to stick succulents. This works!

There are also a number of nurseries that set up shop at the show. We tend not to buy plants at the show, mostly because we come on the light rail, and also because we don't want to have to deal with planting in the winter. March will be soon enough.

But looking at plants is always fun. 


 Daphne odora smells so good! We lost our big plants, and have a small one that is struggling. I hope we can get it to thrive. They are so wonderful this time of the year. 
 Hang succulents on your wall!



 Hellebores are just starting to open their blooms in our gardens here. 

 I don't think these shovels will be scooping much dirt anymore, but they are lovely yard art.
 Christianson's, a favorite stop in the Skagit Valley, always has a great display. 



 There are so many colorful conifers for the garden now. 
And finally, the icing on the cake, literally. 
 I'm pretty sure these won't be eaten, but they could be. 






That does it for this year's Northwest Flower and Garden Festival, or as Alison likes to call it, the NWFG Orgy! 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful plants and clever ideas. Have to say tho some of that stuff looks like my last week’s contribution to Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Lewisia planted in a couple of colanders, it's the only place I can get them to thrive. I did buy some bare-root plants from Keeping it Green, and one Primrose in a pot. I tried not to buy too many big plants in heavy pots this year too, carrying them to the car is hard on the arms and shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use for wore out old colanders. I will borrow that. It would be a sin to eat that tree stump cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would find it difficult to bypass all those plants. They look so inviting. I too could troll through the flea market style shops. Seeing those cakes makes me hungry. My jaws are clamping up just thinking about all that sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is the red wooden 'cupboard' with succulents stuck into each spot. I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plants and old stuff -- sounds like Linda Reeder heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to look at the old stuff but not buy. The same with the garden stuff. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a lot of fun doing the orgy with you this year. So much to see and do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful place! I would love it. My husband would just barely tolerate such a visit to such a place. I too might get a bit overwhelmed with all there is to take in.

    Those shovels are really cool. I could see one hung on the side of a garden shed. Some people are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to go through that vintage market. Those cakes are unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful displays! The cakes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so much fun! We no longer collect things, so I have to live vicariously through your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.