Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Busy Times

I'm here, but not stopping long. These are busy times. Yesterday I had lunch with the retired teacher bunch from my school. We found lots of unimportant things to talk about, and all agreed we were glad to not be back at school. Then I drove around, running errands, looking for a few specific things. I kept striking out. That doesn't bode well for my real shopping. Maybe that's why I like to do more and more on line. Besides, I can just have items shipped to Colorado, where we will be for Christmas. Today I will make pie crust, in preparation for pie baking tomorrow. As Martha says, make 'em cold, bake 'em hot. The process goes much better with dough that has chilled. Hey, don't we all! Then I will get back to my sewing project. I am working on a dress for my granddaughter, and I would like to strangle whoever it was that engineered the pattern. I'm struggling, but still have hope that it will turn out. I was never anywhere near an expert seamstress, so I suffer from self-imposed stress. But the last dress I made for her turned out so well, and she loves it so much, that I'm trying again. Blog friends, I'll drop by as I have time or need a friendly break. Take time to chill.

4 comments:

  1. As the busy holiday season approaches we all need time to chill out a bit! thanks for reminding me. Know the dress will turn out well. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not hard to chill this time of year, the secret is to keep warm and moving...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy times, indeed. I feel the same way you do. I visit from time to time. I am here but not. MB

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.