Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Sun Day

There is an up side to having all those beautiful leaves fall off the trees. Now the sun filters through the bare branches.
Maybe that sun will boost the beleaguered Seahawks (sigh) as they meet the visiting Redskins today at Quest field. They're playing the Cowboys in Dallas on national TV on Thanksgiving Day. We really need them to get their act together.
*********************************************************************************
Now that was all I was going to say this morning, three hours ago, when I came in from getting the Sunday paper. But the Internet connection was down. That meant the phones were also down, as I discovered after checking them all to make sure they were not "off the hook". That frustration led to a hot flash, so I went outside to stand on the patio and chill.
There I was treated to something I would have otherwise missed. A hummingbird was sipping nectar from the early blooming winter jasmine and the hardy fuchsia.
Then I noticed how good the garden is looking in its cozy blanket of shredded leaves. I praised Tom for his good work so far.
So I read the paper, tried to call Comcast on my new cell phone but there was a 25 minute wait, so I knew it was not just my computer, hung up and went for a walk.
And now all is restored.
Pleasure in small things.

11 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful garden. I like the rock wall, the sundial, the winter jasmine and that budding pink bush whatever it is. For Thanksgiving I'm giving thanks for all the blog friends I have made this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lovely garden! and isn't it interesting how some frustrations can lead us to turn away in search of something else -- and FIND IT! Beauty, nature, music, so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy the beauty, the computer will wait...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny..ours was down for a while today too..beautiful garden Linda..
    New Rambling Woods Site

    ReplyDelete
  5. It appears "all things worked together for your good" this morning. I don't want to say I'm happy your computer was down, that sounds kinda mean. But, I think I am. It made for a special morning for you, and a special evening for the rest of us.. Can't beat that!

    You have such peace in your blog site. It boths warms and calms me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was meant for you to enjoy the peace and beauty of your surroundings. Sometimes it is best to just stand back and enjoy and appreciate all we have. Beautiful garden Linda. Oh and I had to laugh about the frustration causing a hot flash where you had to go outside to cool off. I relate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fuschia is my favorite color and I love the flower also. Your garden is so beautiful. I just told my husband I'd love to go see Seattle and Vancouver in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too thought your garden in the bottom picture looked great. Well done Tom. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and a great looking garden. It all looks very pleasant to me as our world is currently gray and rainy/snowy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your garden is beautiful!!

    I am so pleased with my Jets right now. It's been a long string of disappointing seasons so I'm thrilled with how they're playing, especially yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely it all looks. I can see why this calmed and cooled you. Glad you got your electronics back in working order.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.