Saturday, June 16, 2012

Back Home Again

We had a busy day yesterday, sorting through all of the mail, email, and stuff we brought home with us, getting the laundry done and all of the packing stuff stowed away, getting groceries, paying bills, checking in with Jill and the kids at their school where Jill was cleaning up her room after the last morning of the school year, vacuuming up Josy's messes, cleaning up the patio, cooking a meal for the first time in 18 days, and then I went for an evening walk.


I just had to watch the Wallenda high wire act since I was just at Niagara Falls.  It was only worth background noise as I read through the newspaper.


Today is the first day to be really at home, deciding what to do next.  Jake is coming over to make beer here, since he is no longer in his house with a yard.  If the rain holds off, I'll be outside snipping and clipping and cleaning up.  And then, yes, there will be pictures.


We'll see Jake today.  Jill and family are off camping, first on a Boy Scout outing, and then on the Olympic Peninsula.  Finally Corey gets to be with his kids on Father's Day.  So Father's Day Sunday will be a quiet day for us, which suits Tom fine.  We grab those times for togetherness when we can.


Happy Weekend, everyone, whatever you're doing.

5 comments:

  1. All this sings to my heart. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the garden and how it fared in your absence.
    I also watched the Wallenda event. Bob wanted to watch it and I muttered about not being interested in watching someone fall to their death, but darned if he didn't do it. I actually learned a lot from watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, welcome home, Linda. I look forward to your pictures, but you sure do deserve a day or two of simple rest and relaxation. You remember how to relax? You crammed so much into that vacation that I'm sure you're ready to enjoy some R&R. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome home, the best part of any trip...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, Linda. I've been up to my ears, but look forward to seeing the rest of your trip. I just scrolled through and can hardly believe all the stuff you did. Wow! You both are our kind of travelers. You'll now need a bit of time to relax.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.