Monday, June 25, 2012

Willamette Valley Roses

While in Oregon for my high school reunion and the Seattle/Portland Soccer match, we spent some time on Saturday exploring in the valley.


We began and ended in antique stores, but in between we visited a farmer's market in Canby and a rose garden in St. Paul.




We bought a pint of local strawberries from the market.  We had them with our breakfast the next morning at the hotel.  I had a great strawberry waffle, thanks to the Best Western waffle maker.
We have been to this rose garden before, a long time ago now, and we purchased some of the roses we still have in the garden there.


Now just enjoy.  Raindrops on roses.  You'll have to imagine the fragrance.




































9 comments:

  1. Very lovely roses Linda. I specially liked that deep purple one trying to hide it's head - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about the image of roses that allows me to imagine that I'm smelling them. Beautiful pictures, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know about this rose garden. We did the Portland Rose Gardens yesterday with our guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word: Gorgeous! Okay, two words: Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I really love roses. It used to be my favorite scent, but I've never found a cologne that came close. These roses are just beyond beautiful. I wish I could be there. But since I can't, thank you for showing them to us. Now that I know you worked at a strawberry factory, I have to smile that you still like them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous closeup-love that double bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, what a beautiful field trip. I can almost smell the roses through the monitor. Gorgeous.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.