Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Scenes From Whidbey Island

 I am now a year older. So is my sister Laurie. We ended our pageants today with lunch together in Olympia. She went to ride a jet boat on the Rogue River in Oregon, I went to Whidbey Island.

On Friday I had small birthday party. Irene made the cake, and Jill made the Charcuterie and dinner.





Of course there is always a walk to the beach after dinner.




On Saturday Tom and I went off island to the Mukilteo Garden and Quilt Tour. That will be another post.


Isaac and Seile were around but doing their own thing most of the time, Jill did a lot of walking and boating. Irene did a lot of studying. She is taking a summer school class and had a test on Monday.


Tom did some yard work. We both did a lot of sitting. I did short walks.

We all walked on the dike.


Monday, with just us left at the cabin, we took a load of yard waste to the dump and stopped at Bayview Garden.







We walked, we read, we ate too much, and we wound down. We watched the sunset.




By Tuesday evening we were back home, just in time to appreciate our air-conditioning as the heat wave arrived.

Now we look forward to some slow days at home. It's time for the lazy, crazy days of summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.