Monday, May 7, 2012

A Summer Day

What a beautiful day we had in Seattle!  It reached 73 this afternoon, which for us could be considered a lovely summer day.


I used it to do spring things.  Outside.  


As Mother's Day approaches, we can consider all danger of frost has passed, and we can begin to set out tender plants.  I removed pansies from containers and found places in the yard to stick them, not having the heart to throw them away.  In went impatiens, a few petunias, and tomorrow the geraniums will go into emptied pots.


I removed a square of sod from beneath the Wind Spinner and will plant under it until/ or if/ we create a pebble mosaic.  I set out echeveria along the front walk.  


This evening I took a 30 minute walk through the neighborhood.  The air was fragrant with newly mown grass and blooming flowers. Birds were singing and children were playing.  


It was a great day.  And we can expect at least a good morning tomorrow, so I'll be back out in the garden.


Maybe I can remember to grab my camera and take a few photos.



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to beautify your yard this way. Flowers galore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 69 here in Bellingham, and after all the cold we've had, it seemed almost too hot! Well, almost... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your bird header. enjoy the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice when the warm weather gets here, isn't it? I enjoyed your post and the pictures on the island.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was tempted to set out bedding plants when we had temps in 90's here last week, but I held fast to my Mother's Day rule. Nothing in the ground before then is my rule of thumb. (Early vegetables are not part of the rule.) Thankfully, I did not plant. We had rain and very cool weather last night. The weather forecasters advised that bedding plants be covered last night. Thankfully, I had none to cover.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.